InView Trigger for background objects

Pretty simple. I believe that this would be a good idea because people can animate background objects without lag. If I were to animate Gamougg 3’s background lava streams right now, the game would likely be totally unplayable because I’d have to use the Once trigger. So please grazer, consider this (and maybe more behaviors if they work) to be added to the background layer.

7 Likes

Paste this into the background layer object. That will add the “In View” behavior to the object and it should work the same.

{“data”:{“behavior”:{“v”:“2”,“nodes”:[{“inputCount”:0,“outputCount”:2,“name”:“In View”,“behaviorType”:“logic.triggers.InView”,“x”:-90,“y”:-32,“group”:"",“id”:“2695f8745340b048”,“buffer”:0}],“links”:[]}}}

2 Likes

the behavior doesn’t even show up

2 Likes

Place the In View behavior into an object, then Copy it. Then go to the object in the Background and click import. Idk why but pasting code from the forums isn’t working for me.

2 Likes

Idk why either

2 Likes

This idea does sound cool. However, with how background objects currently work - parallax and background repeat in the camera behaviors - the InView behavior might behave differently in background objects than in game world objects. I think that’s why it took Grazer so long to add behaviors to background objects. So if this does get confirmed to be in the works, then he might have to come up with a solution to this difference.

2 Likes

A bug fixing moment I see.

2 Likes