ios project help

Hi, sorry if I’m a bit dense here, we have just upgraded to Indie, it is mainly my 6 year old who makes the games and I help! We would like to play the games on the ipad too, I have donwloaded the ios project but it is a zipped file, I have unzipped it but cannot find an install or run file so we don’t know what to do with it… help appreciated, thanks!

R you trying to make an app

yes, a game we can play on the ipad.

I not sure but i think you need a whole developing program from apple and it costs money

Thanks, what’s the ios project you can download on the games page here then?

idk ask grazer

Hey Francesca, I think there may have been some confusion. The ios project allows you to build your game projects in XCode in order to put them in the Apple App Store. You’ll need a Mac, a recent copy of XCode, and an Apple developer account.

If this wasn’t actually your intent, please let me know and I would be happy to issue you a refund.

Aha! Now I see, thank you Grazer. No worries about the refund as my son wants to have lots of games on the go at the same time so that’s the main reason we got the indie membership. As an afterthought, is there a way he can play the games he made on the ipad without going through the app store, maybe online?

iPad and Android support should both be available in the next update - but I don’t have a release date yet, I’ve been promising it for a long time now. My best estimate at the moment is “pretty soon” :slight_smile: