Is it possible to move the scroll view to another sprite mid-game?

Hi All, flowlab newbie here! I’ve just bought myself the indie upgrade because I’m a big fan of what I’ve seen so far, but I’m having a bit of a problem. I’m currently working on a GTA-1 style game with a top-down view etc. I’d like the player character to be able to enter a vehicle and have made it so that the vehicle effectively becomes the player until exited. The problem is that when the vehicle becomes the main actor the screen stops scrolling.

I know you can only have the scroll view on one sprite at a time, but is there any way to change that over to another one if you remove the original sprite? Failing that, can anyone think of a workaround for this at all?

Any help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Ah, never mind… I’ve just found out that you can do this by creating a blank moveable object with no collision (non-solid) and have the current ‘player’ object always attach it. If you stick the scroll view on the new blank object then that allows you to change to a different player sprite and keep the scrolling intact. Sorry if that’s already well known - if it is please let me know and I’ll remove this! Otherwise, I hope someone finds it useful :slight_smile: