Is scratch better than flowlab?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

No

4 Likes

1 Like

I don’t care about your royalty free cat sprite with no educational value. You should show more respect for Grazer.

6 Likes

Kid doesn’t even know how to put a capital letter and a period lol.

5 Likes

Good points on both side. I really had to think this out for a while. Jokes aside, I have honestly seen much less potential in Scratch games than in Flowlab ones. (Also Flowlab is very powerful and free if you have the ingenuity to work around the restrictions). There are some Flowlab games that could basically be released on a store or something in that manner. The best scratch games feel like something Google would make as a Google doodle.

8 Likes

What’s “better” is different for everyone, but its always interesting to see what people make from other 2D engines like Godot, Game Maker, ect.

No one is restricted to use 1 game engine, so try it out and let us know what you think.

10 Likes

5 Likes

@silaspuppy14 - I don’t expect everyone to love Flowlab, and I think it’s great to compare it against other software, but it almost seems like you’re just trying to troll here.

If you have something to add to this discussion, that’s great - I’d love to hear what Scratch is doing better (for example, it has a vector editor which is really cool). Otherwise, go waste other peoples’ time instead. :confused:

14 Likes

I don’t want to be rude with my opinion, but I feel flowlab was a life changer for me. Kind of.
I used scratch and was forced to use it back in school, and it really wasn’t all that. It’s kinda complicated to use and I only ever used its editor for photo shopping images.
Although you get many perks for paying on flowlab, but it’s still free. Heck I got fourth place in a flowjam on a free account so I know free accounts aren’t that big of a setback.

8 Likes

(no one cares, we’re all developers, now go back to scratch)

13 Likes

lol

3 Likes

3 Likes

Okay.My opinion.
They are both good.
Scratch (upsides):
You can make things deformed,which is pretty funny.
Robot in the sounds (HAHA HORRIFYING SOUND TO DJDHZH)
cat
Free noises
Flowlab:
Easy coding but requires skill
You can actually code MOVING FORWARD easily
Chance to win prizes in the flowjam
A starting coding language THAT ACTUALLY ISN’T BLOCKS (finally!)
Royalty-free bops (the music is amazing)

Both are good in their different ways.
Now shut up and stop wasting our time.Microsoft Makecode is superior.

5 Likes

It’s all good, I genuinely thought you were just trying to troll. I agree that those games are pretty impressive, but as a Flowlab user, you’ll have to understand if I have some built in bias :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve never tried scratch, so I can’t post an opinion on this matter. Except to say that I like Flowlab, and I don’t see the purpose of creating an account here for the sole purpose of criticizing it while promoting another platform.

If you like other platforms, cool! More power to you! Maybe I’ll check that one out sometime. But for now, I’m having plenty of fun with Flowlab.

8 Likes

3 Likes

I have a lot of Flowlab projects I want to work on first, but maybe I’ll check it out in between projects. And no, Indie membership here is not free, but it’s a pretty good value for the money. Does scratch also let you export and sell your own games without paying royalties or anything like that?

6 Likes

How is it “beginner friendly” coding if you have to watch AAAA LLLLOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT of tutorials to understand it?

4 Likes