Is this a good cover for my jam game?

I joined an itch.io jam because I can’t think of any extra things for Playtime World,
and I want to know if anyone likes this cover for my jam game.

4 Likes

It’s a bit plain but it works!
Nice art!

3 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

looks nice! lovely in its simplicity, although I’d probably center the bench with the vial, make the composition more symmetrical.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention the title
“Contain The Darkness” it moves from Alpha 0 up to Alpha 100 and then Alpha 100 down to Alpha 0, and over again.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool

2 Likes

Ok, I could’ve done that… but then it ended up becoming this:
screenshot
(Is it good?)

1 Like

NOw the only reason the bench is in the middle is because
the screen moves back and forth, and I happened to screenshot the cover while the screen had the bench in the middle.

1 Like

to be fully honest, I preferred the way I looked before. the fact that you added a character on the side and a floor makes it seem incomplete, like there should be more to fill in the big gaps. without the character and the floor, it’s embracing the minimalism and the audience doesn’t feel like there’s something missing from the scene. if you’re going to add details, go in all the way, cause only a couple details while leaving the majority blank makes it feel off balance.

2 Likes

True, I should add stars in the sky shouldn’t I?
And maybe some gray clouds or something.

Yeah, I will add in details, it is technically night.

Well I added in more details, now is it good?

I still think the vial on the bench should be in the center. the vial is the brightest thing there so it stands out, and having the most noticable object be slightly off center makes it look unbalanced.

maybe a composition like this would be nicer? everything is centered and the character still is approaching the vial

1 Like

Yeah, that does look nice, I’ll try something.

1 Like

Wait, when I release the game I’ll show you why it doesn’t really matter whether the bench is in the middle or not, in fact I should just DM you what the title looks like, and why the bench keeps getting put in random places or not.