John Shrekinson's Awkwardly Simple Reviews (Truly simple and awkward now!)

@Johnny_boy
Rise

Art: 420/69 - I don’t know what to say. This goes beyond a Flowlab game.

Gameplay: 3/4 - This is once again a game that has a hard difficulty. It frustrates me to no end. Otherwise, it is amazing and fun.

Sound: 2/4 - Last time I played this game the sound was there and it was good, but it suddenly disappeared? Why? What happened to it?

User Experience: 2.5/4 - If you’re cool with immense frustration then this is the game for you! Otherwise it might not be so fun.

Overall: 3.69/4 - The difficulty is the closest thing on Flowlab to come to Dark Souls difficulty for a legitimate game that is well-made.

2 Likes

Rise

Art: 4/4 - Once again, you have exceeded my expectations.

Gameplay: 4/4 - It plays like a mobile game, but with good music and gameplay and no ads. Awesome!

User Experience: 4/4 - This game has a very good difficulty and is actually fun to play.

Overall: 3.9999/4 - The only thing this game needs now is customization. You could easily make this into a basketball game if you wanted to. Also, the layout is confusing and I had to use the editor to skip ahead to later levels. However, its a demo, so all I can say is

1 Like

Oh I figured it out! I didn’t see the first one!
Thanks for the reviews!

1 Like

@Ramshacklegamestudios
The Decimation of Mankind

Art: 3/4 - It is very good pixel art.

Gameplay: 2/4 - Dr. Williams sounds way too much like Dr. Samuel Hayden from the DOOM franchise (this isn’t really a problem, just saying). Those tiny centipede-looking things suck all the fun out of the game for me. If DOOM music can’t make my enemies cower before me there is a problem. I guess its image though because the game isn’t finished. Also, I move too slow.

Sound: 3/4 - It fits the game.

User Experience: Why is this game rated 13+? This is M17+ level of violence. I pump those zombies full of lead and they pop like a balloon. I am sorry for being so harsh but most people might not want to show this to their children.

Overall: 2/4 - This will most likely be a better game when it is finished.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

I’m going to be honest I have no idea who that is.

As for it being M17+ I’m rating it based on the game right now, and didn’t think It was quite there yet. But I’ll probably change it later on

1 Like

There is a sprint function, but I haven’t added it to the tutorial yet

1 Like

Detective B. Pig

Art: 3/4 - Very fitting the game.

Gameplay: 3/4 - The time limit made me quit. I absolutely hate it. I would have genuinely enjoyed exploring the world and beating the game, but that stupid time limit makes me want to say,

It reminds me of the “Return to Battlefield” message that shows up frequently in literally every single first-person shooter game since Halo: Reach in 2010.

Sound: 3/4 - The level music still plays in the main menu when the game restarts.

User Experience: 3.9/4 - It would be golden but it isn’t because when I lose, it restarts the whole game instead of the level.

Overall: 3/4 - It is a good game and with your current skills, I believe it could be amazing.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on this? I’m not sure how to improve them if I don’t know what they’re doing wrong.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/mvK7IipB7Vs?t=43
“As for…”
ok, that’s fine

They are so small, come in large numbers, and aren’t as visible with all the stuff (blood UI) cluttering the heads-up display.

2 Likes

Sounds good thank you for the help

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

I see, their characters are slightly similar but not really. Once I finish the game there won’t be many similarities. One obvious difference is that Ash (Dr. Ash Williams) is a human :laughing:

2 Likes

I think Samuel was too at one point but had to transfer his mind into a cyborg body.
(ok stop now before this goes off-topic)

2 Likes

Well that shows how little I know about him.

Ash is sort of a bad guy but not really since he doesn’t have much choice in the matter (doesn’t really have much to do with what your saying its just a random fact)

2 Likes

If you have anything else to say then we should continue this in my qna thread so others can see your reviews.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s my free account though.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the review! The time limit is very long so I don’t realize how you could possibly lose on that small of a map but I’ll try to fix it if I can or have time :joy:

1 Like

Try again, fixed issue

2 Likes