John Shrekinson's Awkwardly Simple Reviews (Truly simple and awkward now!)

I’m very late, but welcome to reviewing, son

Mind giving Bounce Jam a review?

2 Likes

ok

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

I updated the review

1 Like

I don’t know if I want to do this anymore because I have a lot to focus on right now.

Schedule
  • Till We Have Faces

• Bounce Jam

3 Likes

If you have a tight schedule you don’t have to join the D.O.M dev team. If you want to we could use the help, but it looks like your working on a lot at the moment.

3 Likes

It’s not that tight and I can manage games, just not an active review topic at the moment

2 Likes

I don’t think either are really in rapid development so you’re probably okay lol

2 Likes

Ok I’m going to randomly do this again

1 Like

@meburningslime
Till We Have Faces

Art: 3/4 - It is very good pixel art.

Gameplay: 2/4 - I don’t get it. There is nothing I can do to protect the girl except hide forever, and that doesn’t really work? I think I’m just missing something.

Sound: 4/4 - Very well chosen.

User Experience: It was good I guess. I had a good time playing, although I was confused.

Overall: 3/4 - My own stupidity lowered the score, sorry.

2 Likes

You can check the door, but every character responds differently to being checked. It’s more of a story teller than a full game, except for the hiddein puzzle elements throughout the house. There are five endings and two cutscenes in total, try to find them all

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll be sure find them then

2 Likes

@Crigence

Bounce Jam

Art: 4/4 - Looks amazing! Very good style and polish.

Gameplay: 3/4 - Seems to have an overreliance on luck. I could be wrong though.

Sound: 4/4 - Really well chosen. I especially like the Normal mode music because it’s the same music that Among Us: The Imposter uses, but that’s not really important nor is it the reason for the high score.

User Experience: 3/4 - Great game, but it’s super hard. If that’s just me, assume this number is 4/4 instead. If that’s almost everyone, then leave the score as is.

Overall: 3.9999999/4 - The difficulty is INSANE. I’m not necessarily saying that the game is hard (it is though), I mean that the difficulty and/or the game itself follows the definition of insanity. That’s not really a good or bad thing, I’m just not sure what it is.

1 Like

review this masterpiece game of watching a tree grow

2 Likes

Ok I will asap

Sorry I took so long (life stuff, and then I forgot) but here it is now @CodeAlpaca!

Life Cycle

Art: 3.5/4 - Great art, but “mixels”. That is all.

Gameplay: 2/4 - What? What do I do? The tutorial explains almost everything except how to get nutrients (I assume that’s the green bar)? What I do understand though is really fun and well made.

Sound: 3.69/4 - Really well chosen! I like the random song selection. Still don’t know how to do that myself.

User Experience: 3/4 - Really good game. I like it, and its wholesome. Plants are cool; however I am not into botany.

Overall: 3.69/4 - Other than some seriously unexplained mechanics (and the unpredictably appearing minigames) this was a golden experience!

2 Likes

Ty for the review! I probably should have explain some of the things better. The nutrients and stuff go up by themselves and the speed at which you get them increases as you upgrade your skills. The minigames happen randomly, it was in there to mix up the user experience of give them something to do.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Yeah, I agree. Thanks for letting me know! I think the description is a good place for the nutrient explanation.

2 Likes

This isn’t a game but more of like and example thing. I want you to grade off of mechanics not art or gameplay. Also please give me ideas on what I should change or add to the rigged character.

1 Like

I’m also going to change the run and jump bundle though, that was just a place holder.
The character is also in made of separate rectangles with different colors so its easy to tell which part is which for using it as a template, although I might change the shape to look more realistic instead of the blocky look.

1 Like

Rigged Animationless Movement Example

@TheHeadlessHorsemen

User Experience: 4/4 - I had a lot of fun moving around and walking.

Overall: 4/4 - Great job! I think this will be a very helpful example.