💬 Label/Dialogue Bundle - Last update?

Hi everyone! :smiley: I already shared some progress of this on the Flowlab Discord… BUT I wanted to get more general feedback from the community.

ITS OUT NOW
Link: Flowlab Game Creator - Label Bundle - Easy Dialogue

The idea is to create a bundle that could replace the existing Label or replace it in some scenarios.

Flowlab Label Bundle2
(Original rainbow effect credit: @CrimsonBlackGames , slightly changed to fit in)

Namely, dialogue, the current way to make dialogue, is time-consuming or terrible looking (alerts cof cof), so this bundle could work as an easy-deploy Dialogue bundle.

Click to open Progress screenshots:

60 fps Bubble Speech:
Flowlab Label Bundle - Dialogue

Aligned to the Left:
unknown

TEXT ANIMATIONS OVERLOAD?
Flowlab Label Bundle - Dialogue 2

This bundle would give a lot more control over the Label, such as being able to change the text color during the game, the option to move the text up or down when a new line is typed, adjusting kerning (TBD?), text effects, etc. - you get the idea :laughing:

What do you think, would you use something like this in your games? :thinking:
In other words, would finishing this bundle be worth my time?

30 Likes

This is amazing, I NEED THIS

6 Likes

I think failing to bring this into the world would be a crime against humanity, and possibly a violation of the Geneva Convention.

mfw

21 Likes

absolutely incredible job

8 Likes

This looks fantastic! Would be a very cool thing to add to dialogue, makes it look very interesting!

11 Likes

Are you spawning an object with the letters as different sprites then adjusting the values of its color, rotation, etc? or are you using a ton of different labels? (I’m assuming you’re using objects, just curious about how it was made)

6 Likes

In the discord, they said they were using objects. Over 60 I think? I don’t remember, but quite a few objects.

5 Likes

Would definitely be worth my time, go for it!

6 Likes

PixelPizza after making this bundle:

9 Likes

Im using a single (1) object, that has an Animation with a lot of frames

Thanks for feedback and support. I will try to finish the Bundle and post updates here :relaxed:

14 Likes

Yay, so it’s even compatible for us free users! You’re a literal wizard! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ah okay, so I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My dialogue example is in tears rn lol

Yes this is definitely worth your time

5 Likes

Did you make the character frames individually or did you download/make a gif with preloaded characters?

4 Likes

All the text looks very similar so I’m guessing it was done with preloaded characters, or he just used the Text in the editor

4 Likes

Yeah I was wondering if there was an itch.io page with the art, a website, or just if the text was made in the sprite editor.

4 Likes

Hey! Yeah, so basically, I searched for a good free font on itch.io first and found this one:

It looks nice and small enough, so it’s perfect for the test. I’m not sure which font I will use at the end, but I will probably need to make my own or edit/add a lot of characters to this font.
I could also choose another font - unsure yet; time will tell.

So after downloading it, I had to make a sprite sheet png with all the characters, and then I imported it into Piskel as a SpriteSheet (It splits the image into various frames) and exported it as a .gif, and at last, I uploaded the gif to Flowlab (Thanks, grazer for gif import :slight_smile: )

That’s it :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

So I made some more progress - Now, it’s possible to make (actual) dialogue with different lines and starting positions. :slight_smile:

Dialogue Progress3

But I still feel like it’s too complicated to be usable and applied over various circumstances, so I have to experiment and simplify it some more?

8 Likes

Perhaps.

2 Likes