💬 Label/Dialogue Bundle - PixelPizza - OUT NOW!

Hi everyone! :smiley: I already shared some progress of this on the Flowlab Discord… BUT I wanted to get more general feedback from the community.

ITS OUT NOW
Link: Flowlab Game Creator - Label Bundle - Easy Dialogue

The idea is to create a bundle that could replace the existing Label or replace it in some scenarios.

Flowlab Label Bundle2
(Original rainbow effect credit: @CrimsonBlackGames , slightly changed to fit in)

Namely, dialogue, the current way to make dialogue, is time-consuming or terrible looking (alerts cof cof), so this bundle could work as an easy-deploy Dialogue bundle.

Click to open Progress screenshots:

60 fps Bubble Speech:
Flowlab Label Bundle - Dialogue

Aligned to the Left:
unknown

TEXT ANIMATIONS OVERLOAD?
Flowlab Label Bundle - Dialogue 2

This bundle would give a lot more control over the Label, such as being able to change the text color during the game, the option to move the text up or down when a new line is typed, adjusting kerning (TBD?), text effects, etc. - you get the idea :laughing:

What do you think, would you use something like this in your games? :thinking:
In other words, would finishing this bundle be worth my time?

25 Likes

This is amazing, I NEED THIS

5 Likes

I think failing to bring this into the world would be a crime against humanity, and possibly a violation of the Geneva Convention.

mfw

19 Likes

absolutely incredible job

6 Likes

This looks fantastic! Would be a very cool thing to add to dialogue, makes it look very interesting!

7 Likes

Are you spawning an object with the letters as different sprites then adjusting the values of its color, rotation, etc? or are you using a ton of different labels? (I’m assuming you’re using objects, just curious about how it was made)

5 Likes

In the discord, they said they were using objects. Over 60 I think? I don’t remember, but quite a few objects.

4 Likes

Would definitely be worth my time, go for it!

5 Likes

PixelPizza after making this bundle:

7 Likes

Im using a single (1) object, that has an Animation with a lot of frames

Thanks for feedback and support. I will try to finish the Bundle and post updates here :relaxed:

12 Likes

Yay, so it’s even compatible for us free users! You’re a literal wizard! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah okay, so I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My dialogue example is in tears rn lol

Yes this is definitely worth your time

5 Likes

Did you make the character frames individually or did you download/make a gif with preloaded characters?

4 Likes

All the text looks very similar so I’m guessing it was done with preloaded characters, or he just used the Text in the editor

4 Likes

Yeah I was wondering if there was an itch.io page with the art, a website, or just if the text was made in the sprite editor.

4 Likes

Hey! Yeah, so basically, I searched for a good free font on itch.io first and found this one:

It looks nice and small enough, so it’s perfect for the test. I’m not sure which font I will use at the end, but I will probably need to make my own or edit/add a lot of characters to this font.
I could also choose another font - unsure yet; time will tell.

So after downloading it, I had to make a sprite sheet png with all the characters, and then I imported it into Piskel as a SpriteSheet (It splits the image into various frames) and exported it as a .gif, and at last, I uploaded the gif to Flowlab (Thanks, grazer for gif import :slight_smile: )

That’s it :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

So I made some more progress - Now, it’s possible to make (actual) dialogue with different lines and starting positions. :slight_smile:

Dialogue Progress3

But I still feel like it’s too complicated to be usable and applied over various circumstances, so I have to experiment and simplify it some more?

8 Likes

Perhaps.

2 Likes