Lag reduction of projectiles

Simply put, bullet hells lag Flowlab… a lot.

Experienced Flowlab devs, do you have any tips for reducing lag with large amounts of projectiles on screen? Even if only a slight difference, being able to have just a couple extra shiny red pixels of hitbox bullying on the screen at once without slowing things down too much would be great!

1 Like

When the bullets are out of view make sure to delete them with the “In View” behavior.

1 Like

Make sure the code in the bullets is simple. They shouldn’t need velocity to move since they should get emitted which will already give them movement. My bullet hell game project lags only when i’m on my chromebook (school computer) and i set a contraption up that emits 196 bullets per second.

2 Likes

Yes, they are deleted as soon as they leave the screen. The blocks deleting them also act as the physical barrier keeping the player on screen

Yes, the only paths in the bullets are to be deleted on contact and to send damage numbers to the player on contact

speaking of which, I can move the latter to the player now that there is no dash system, thanks for reminding me!

If you link the game I can look at the code later to see if I can increase performance.

1 Like

here ya are, I probably should have linked this earlier

Anyways, my coding is a little messy because I continuously forget to bundle things, sorry

2 Likes

Theres absoluty no lag for me and im on an ipad

2 Likes

I also have no lag and I have a very bad computer.

1 Like

that’s good, that means my fix is helping

1 Like

No lag for me or my friend joe

who’s king joesph joeington the III?

Though art foolish to have fallen forth thy classic blunder! I must noweth inform thy that the one in question ist joe mother!

3 Likes

chad response