Last Update for 2018 (probably): HTML5!

@Superstargames Didn’t read my first comment? Already mentioned the looping music issue lol.

It seems that if you lower animation speed by 1, its about the same speed as before.

How to put my game on my own website ?

Thanks for all testing, this will be a huge help getting the html5 version at parity with flash! If you have an issue with your game, it would also help to post a link so I can see the problem(s) first hand.

@“JR 01” - I don’t think you should adjust your animation or rotation speeds, that will mess up the game in Flash, I’ll attempt to sort this out in the engine. My goal is that the behavior should be the same across both.

@Latif - there is a “physics drag” setting in the game settings panel. This adjusts the global drag value.

@“Mhx Ar” - I haven’t tested multiplayer yet, but in theory it should work. I also haven’t tested much on mobile - I plan to get the desktop solid first before tackling that.

@xuanloclmht - please make a new thread for unrelated requests, this thread is for discussing the new html engine version.

@grazer
Here’s what I can confirm so far, I did testing on puffin mobile. Music seems to play perfectly fine, unlike in Flash where it is extremely laggy, however, the gameplay becomes extremely laggy, about 2 frames per second, similar to the lag issue that we had previously with the exporter, where the game would be embarrassingly slow if there was music playing. Since you can’t adjust the quality in HTML5, you are kind of stuck with it, and it becomes unresponsive. I also tried to do HTML5 in embed mode, and it doesn’t seem to load. I haven’t had a chance to do much testing, and I haven’t done any testing on desktop, but I’ll let you know if I find anything else. I’ll test other browsers as well.

@grazer Wait but why would I want to change the drag value of all objects? That would break the game even more.

@Latif - does adding this to the skeleton box give you the behavior you want?
screenshot

Nice work Grazer!

I’ve quickly inspected element in Chrome and switched to iPhone and the games seems great, I still can’t actually play on an actual device, I take it playing games on devices is part of your HTML roadmap?

So in theory, when you get the mobile side of things sorted if you develop a multi-player game one player could be on a mobile device and another on a tablet?

Thanks

MA

@grazer I wanted to let you know you have a billing issue, I noticed i received emails saying it terminated my paid subscription, but it didn’t. you may want to look in to this.

Thanks!

@grazer It actually does but it isn’t exactly what I wanted. Setting the x velocity to 0 just makes it stop moving immediately. What I did is turning off the motor so the drag will make the box slow down until it stops, but the drag is too low now and I can’t increase it (for only that single object).

I think I’ll go for your solution then since there’s nothing else I can do.

Oh and almost forgot, happy new year! :tongue:

Thanks for the heads up @alex2006 - I’ll check it out!

@Latif - you could use an ease instead of just setting the velocity to 0 immediately, which may be closer to what you’re looking for. And happy new year :slight_smile:

@muddyapples - I haven’t done much testing on mobile yet. I played a couple of games on my iPad, which seemed to work OK. Sound was missing, and performance was lower than I want, but getting mobile sorted out is definitely on the roadmap. Multiplayer should work fine in html, and it doesn’t make any difference what platform the client is running, they should all be able to talk to each other.

@grazer no prob.

That Mean no more Lag!

@grazer When. Will. You. Let. Me. Right. Click. As. A. Input.

Also, HTML5 screws up the resolution in my game. Don’t know if it’s just me, but here it is if you want to see for yourself: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1014431?v=html

Just wondering, though this may be a dumb question, but since this new update is coming, would the old form of “drag box” coding (if that’s what it’s called) be completely eliminated?

@rcreger no, as that is the very foundation of flowlab and would be very detrimental to it. As far as I know, drag and drop is here to stay :slight_smile:

@CrimsonBlackGames Alright, thanks!

@grazer - I have a question. Suppose me and my friend want to play my multiplayer game Astro War, but we are both in our own houses. Could our devices still connect no matter how far away we are or do we literally have to be right next to each other?