LevelUP Jam (Free Year of Indie!) Officially Ended

Well im screwed because i dont have my computer to continue working on my game whilst you all are judging and apperantly the clear winner so far is blandus but i didnt see a few games posted up there that was entered unless they changed the name of their game or sum but i thought there was a game called (game boy monster edition or something like that)

3 Likes

Also you can tell alot of work went into @CodeAlpaca 's game art and i love the art style my orginal game was actualy gonna be like that art style but then i changed it and in my opinion i like the art style the best but the gameplay would probably be ranked lower just because there really isnt anything goin on you instead are running around on an adventure doing small tasks which for that this game has potential but it needs more action

3 Likes

That one’s not being judged; it was made purely for a fun learning experience.

4 Likes

Ohhh ok

4 Likes

I’m open to voting, I have a whole weekend (besides sunday because of the super bowl) to vote. I should be open on weekdays past 4pm et.

3 Likes

Am I allowed to edit my game to update a leaderboard?

3 Likes

Okay, but Lopare is pretty great too. Just compared content wise, Blandus had a decent amount of playtime. But the vibe was generally better in Lopare.

Great job, all of you guys!

8 Likes

Lopare wasn’t made in free edition

5 Likes

The GAME was made before the deadline when he had indie, but he just started working on the game now with his account that is now free. So the only indie feature included is the theme I believe.

3 Likes

Also not saying this relates to me (which it does but not my point…) this game jam was for free users to show growth in video game making and i think alot of us here have shown that like me and chrisdakiller he had to figure out how to generate random mazes and thats (a maze ing) lol anyways you get my point the winner should be somone whos overall game is great and has potential beings this end date was in such short notice so these games shouldnt be graded by 1 or two things that make them special… (grade them on potential and growth as a coder) or at least thats what id be doing if i was giving a free user a year of indie!

6 Likes

CodeAlpaca did exactly that too- and he is a free user too…

5 Likes

Yea also cool artwork which ive said before on another form not to discredit you lol sorry…

5 Likes

And i love how yesterday was the end date and it hasnt been graded

4 Likes

All games are still being voted on, the winner will be announced when it’s announced, I don’t see a reason why it would matter when, as long as it’s no longer than another week.

4 Likes

Yes, it was. I just used a game that already had the themed background from when I had indie.

@lonesable said it was fine if I used it.

8 Likes

aight, I’m just not sure what my involvement is here. am I reviewing these games?

6 Likes

Yea he tagged you as a possible voter or sum like that so yes ypur suppost to be reviewing/voting

3 Likes

I spent a lot of time making Lopare bug proof and making smooth transitions, try breaking it lol.

I don’t know why I’m telling you guys this, I just wanted y’all to know where I spent most of my time I guess.

3 Likes

okie dokie, I can totally help, I’ll be glad to give my input on what I think about games (my comments will probably be mostly art focused) but I’ll need to be pinged in everything you want my two cents on cause I really can’t be trusted to keep track of everything going on.

5 Likes

Just a little context us 4 are competing to get a year of indie most of us have always been free so this was to see what us free users could make (to put us into the spotlight) keep in mind these games are not in there best form :wink: (not completley finished etc.) So judge based off of like [art,gameplay,potential,growth as a video game maker]

4 Likes