Loading multiple positions within a pair of Save nodes

http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/898799

Heres what Im working on, clicking the gear will generate 4-5 blocks, and youll be able to see the strings for them. Its supposed to generate only 5, but whatevs

Pressing space will cause the game to unpack although it wont work, and will probably freeze your screen.

I just thought of a way to do it- and best part… it will work.

Hey, I just saw this - sorry I’m late to the party. You mentioned that you’ve solved it, so I’m curious to see what you’ve come up with. Anyway, here’s my two cents.

1. The good news is that you aren’t quite as range restricted as you might think. Your idea is very clever, but you could take advantage of the fact that numbers are binary to get more efficient storage. If you wanted to store all the x positions that are occupied in one number, you could set just the individual bits. This would let you store up to a 32x32 grid (2^31 = 2,147,483,648). I can explain this in more detail if you think it would be useful. but…

2. The bad news is that this isn’t enough information. You need to know not just all the x positions and y positions that are filled in, but the actual x,y pairs. Otherwise, you won;t be able to tell which x positions go with which y positions :frowning:

If x: 2847292
And y: 3849382

Then 2,3 8,8 etc. theres the order

Ok, I finished the unpacker @“Mhx Ar”
@grazer
I plan to make changes- because it outputs each individual digit at a delay, I want it to be settable

Everything should work, but for some reason… after the first time, the packer loses one of its numbers.

Something is pretty inconsistent…

The packer should work fine. But it refuses to work for some reason

The unpacker DEFINITELY works! But it seems the packer doesnt want to work

An accurate depiction of me:

Okay, turns out there was an ordering mistake I made, but its fixed, as a result, the tester is a lot more consistent, but still has an issue with spawning. Sometimes a new coordinate doesnt update, apparently. Thats how Im reading it.

Click to go to the Compressed Numbers Tester

@grazer
@“Mhx Ar”
A great thing is now sometimes it works flawlessly. Sweet!

Bump

This is really impressive, @CrimsonBlackGames - I haven’t had time to dig into it very deeply, but my initial guess is that the unpacking issue might be an ordering or timing problem

Evidence points towards it being a timing problem. For some reason, when unpacking, Y always triggers after X, but I havent found a way to fix this

@grazer

@“Mhx Ar”

I mean I don’t really understand how it works, so I can’t really give you any advice, but I’ll check it out. If there’s anything I do know about flowlab, it’s that nothing is synchronized. Unfortunately, you could have a hundred timers, and none of them tick at the same second.

@grazer anything to fix this?