Major new feature - Behavior Bundles

Hey,

I just deployed an update with a significant new feature called “Behavior Bundles”, and I would love to get some feedback.

Bundles are a replacement for the old “Prefab” behaviors, and the general idea is this:

1. Open the behavior window
  2. Click open the “Behavior Bundles” section
  3. Click “new Bundle” to create a new bundle

Once you have created a bundle, you can give it a name and drag logic nodes into it. If you drag a node into the bundle, that node, and all connected nodes will moved into that bundle. You can open the bundle up and edit the behaviors inside of it at any time, and bundles can be nested inside of each other.

Bundles that you create will be added to the behavior menu, so that you can add that bundle to other objects as well.

Bundles are good for:

• Organizing your logic into related blocks
  • Creating reusable blocks of logic to add to multiple object, e.g. create an “enemy” bundle of behaviors to add to all your different “enemy” objects. This should reduce having to manually duplicate logic between objects that behave similarly.

This is the first version, so if anyone finds bugs please report them here on the forums, the orange feedback or email me directly at grazer@flowlab.io.

hey can you play my game plese flowlab is awesome!!! http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/27087

Sounds like something I will be using quite often. This should help greatly for making more players in the future, y’know, unless you want to clone them for me.

Good stuff would be if you could take out the blocks of your bundles. Good job btw!

You can just delete nodes to remove them from a bundle.

then the blocks inside gets destroyed.

Great! Maybe I could try that out before i quit.

Im back after quitting :slight_smile:

You quit for like a day

It was a week i did not make games for a week or post in the forums :confused: I only posted to say hi or great job on stuff…

oh ok, I thought when you said you were quitting, you meant that day.

sorry for commenting so late, but, like pancake said, taking stuff out of bundles, because i accidentally put a bundle in a bundle in a bundle and i need, like, 3 clicks just to use some behaviour blocks.

How can you take bundles off the menu?

@CalebFraser This is a old discussion try and ask grazer in a new one

@CalebFraser - click and hold the menu item you want to delete until the delete menu pops up

@grazer I never knew that. Thx!

Damn… how long has this been here i have 2132132 bundles thank you

can you make bundles of already placed blocks

@killmepleth you can! In the editor, click the select icon at the bottom left (blue square with a mouse) and highlight all of the behaviors! Then click bundle to bundle it all!

?