Maze Hunt! ("Expansion" Expansion Pack)

I finally have all of the basic fundamentals working exactly how they should
Please tell me if you find any bugs or if you have an idea for a feature or a change that should be made! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It seems that column lit up even though I haven’t gone there yet

5 Likes

Woah, that’s weird! Do you have any idea what you did that caused that? I think I saw that happen once in testing a few days ago, but I haven’t seen it happen since

2 Likes

Can you add a score counter (how many floors you’ve beaten consecutively)? This would be a great addition :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is absolutely on the to-do list for this game!

4 Likes

I’ll take a look at the code tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much! Please note, though, it has become much messier in there since you last looked at it, even despite my efforts to try and keep things somewhat organized, so if you have any trouble figuring out what is happening in there, don’t hesitate to let me know and I will do my best to explain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, the score counter has now been implemented! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, so this definitely seems to be happening consistently now, but I have no idea what is causing it. I’ve been looking through the code and I’ve narrowed it down to this section right here (in the blackout object), but I don’t know why it’s causing issues

Edit: Hang on, I think I fixed it! Check and see if it’s still happening. I had some unnecessary code from a previous attempt still active and I think it was activating and causing issues.

1 Like

It seems to be working well now! Good job, you don’t even need my help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay, I’m so happy!!! Please let me know if you find any other bugs though, cus I want them all out of here

1 Like

A few suggestions

• improve the enemy ai, while I play it just kinda moves back and forth
  • add things throughout the maze, maybe an item you could use on the enemy
  • make it so you can move a bit faster lol
1 Like

Ahhh ok. Definitely going to improve those things! I just hope I can do it without breaking anything…

This one in particular worries me, because there are several timers used throughout the code that regulate the speed and I honestly can’t even remember where they all are or what exactly each one does, so that could potentially become a very large problem. The enemy AI revamp is definitely next on my to-do list. I’ve been meaning to fix him for a while anyway, but recently he became absolutely terrible as a result of my messing around with the line of sight stuff, so I gotta find some clever workarounds now, lol. Thank you for the feedback!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

fixed it for you just copy this in you’re game and the guy should be moving with wasd
before

after

few minor things on your mail boxes the were named different things one had a d and one did not also the message was sending to a different block that was not needed in the code lastley switches cant take on and off inputes at the same time so you need a timer as a short delay each time cool movement code though. also you could know what your doing and just not be done with it, you are updating it but if your stuck these were the problems i found

2 Likes

Officially Announcing the Enemy Overhaul update!
Featuring:

• A complete and total reworking of the enemy pathfinding code (now with 50% more insanity!)

• The enemy now goes to the end of a hallway before choosing another direction (also does not go back the same way it came immediately)

• The enemy now has a line of sight of 4 blocks and will follow the player for as long as it possibly can

• Slightly faster movement speed (for both the player and enemy)

Thanks to @DraftyScienceCoat75 for requesting this! All it took was for me to completely scrap the old pathfinding method and spend hours meticulously building an entirely new (and much more complicated) method from the ground up, lol. But, seriously though, the game really needed this update, so I’m glad I finally got around to getting it done.
As usual, please let me know if you find any bugs or problems in the game!
Also, let me know if you would like to be pinged for updates :slight_smile:

Debug cheat codes to let you see the new movement system better

Press “K” to see the entire maze without having to explore

4 Likes

stun dosent work 2 times every floor it only worked once

2 Likes

Hmm, thats strange, it’s working for me. Are you sure you were directly adjacent to the enemy when you tried to stun him?

oh does it not work when I’m farther than 0 blocks away I think I was trying to stun him a block or two away

2 Likes

Yeah, you have to be right next to him in order to use it (or directly around the corner, but still adjacent) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I also just did a minor update and added arrow key support, because that was my second most requested feature (among my irl friends). Also, I have a few update ideas in mind, but which one should I do first?
I will just give you their names and let you guys vote on which one you think sounds best (you don’t get to know what each one is until after voting is done, hehehe :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

• The Family is Coming to Town Update
  • Bigger and Shinier Update
  • Pack a Punch Update
  • It Was a Dark and Stormy Night Update

0 voters

1 Like