Multiplayer - help and feedback request

@Superstargames i figured it out but thx anyways :slight_smile:
bbtw check it out

@grazer check out my SCP game, no matter what I do all my timers are turning into auto-start timers! Could you make a manual edit or a fix to the code? thx :slight_smile:

Hey @meburningslime - which objects have the misbehaving timers? Also, maybe the issue should be a new thread.

It started at the update, so I posted it here. Also, you don’t look at the threads.
All of my timers are auto start timers! After a while I began to program like they should be that way, but it would be awesome if you could fix it.]
Edit: I mean all of them have auto start timers.

@meburningslime - dude, are you going to make me dig through every object in the game? which one(s) have timers that I should look at?

I know this is unrelated, but what do you think of my title screen and the animations for it? I worked on it for 4 hours lol

I haven’t played it yet - I was looking through the objects for a timer, but didn’t see any and gave up :confused:

Sorry, I will say which ones. I didnt know you meant it like that :frowning:
The player, guns and SCPs all have bugged out timers
and doors

@grazer ^^^

Its just the labels @meburningslime, there not all actually auto-start.
The labels get stuck on whichever end (input or output) is used first and doesn’t get updated.
Its just a minor visual bug, but the timers do work as intended.

It would also help to add the link to the game since were in a different thread.

@“JR 01” no it doesn’t work that way. Try removing the failsafes I added in and running it.

Link

Here’s the game (I think): http://flowlab.io/game/view/1364698

Thats the link, thanks @grazer.
@meburningslime, I don’t know what you mean by “failsafes”,
but I’ll just check every object you said was “bugged”.

@meburningslime - I just tested the Timer in the Player’s Health system, and you are correct that the Timer continues to say “auto start” even when an input is connected to the start input. I think @“JR 01” is correct that this is purely visual. When I connected a trigger to the start input, the Timer no longer started automatically, so the behavior was correct as far as I can tell. I will get the auto/manual display label fixed though - thanks for reporting that, but I think the current behavior is OK.

Yeah, I’ve been building a personal list of bugs in the past few weeks and I noticed this one.
I need to test a few more and check the trello, but I plan on sending the list soon @grazer.
Anything game breaking I find or just some ideas, I message in the Discord.

NOTE to @meburningslime:
Auto-start Timers output at the start,
Use “Once --> Timer” to make it manual start and output the Timer after its time.

Player -
All the timers seems to work as their suppose to, Though…

• The timer by the HP attacher is set to repeat forever
  • And the loop behavior in the “Lights” bundle needs to be set to “start on 2”

Guns -
There are no Timer behaviors…
I checked the gun objects and gun behavior

SCP’s (173) -

• Use “Once --> Timer” on all your timers.
  • Replace the timer set to 1 w/ 1 with a Once

SCP’s (106) -
Timers are on repeat forever, so they can output on start without taking a repeat.
Nothing HAS to be changed here.

Doors (2) -

• Use +X in the position behavior
  • Just use the position to trigger the sound, the alarm is overlapping.

Doors (4) -
All the timers seems to work as their suppose to.
The object works as intended.

All timers seem to work the way they’re suppose to.
But please, create a separate discussion for your problems with a game link.
Fixing the Timers doesn’t give “help and feedback” of the “Multiplayer” behaviors
that this discussion was made for.

Sorry @“JR 01” it’s just that those have a nasty habit of getting no help at all :frowning:
I see what you mean, I’ll try it again…
Check the main menu animations system, that’s the last one and ill stop pestering you :frowning:
I made the timers infinitely reset since they wouldn’t stop ticking without that, even with the repeat off.

@meburningslime - I can’t always keep up with every thread, but if you make one with the subject “I found a Timer bug” or “bug report” or something, I try to look for those.

Ok :frowning:

Hello. I have posted this in a previous discussion that I made minutes ago, but I decided to re-post here on this announcement since this discussion is about multiplayer. Hopefully it won’t be too much of trouble.

So in a new multiplayer game that I am making (secretly), I was play-testing to see how the game would go. But for some mysterious reason, my introduction screen wouldn’t go away, and the website would go into this crash-like state. Opening the editor doesn’t work as it just puts a smaller version of the game on-screen. Curious, I opened the console log and found this error.
Flowlab Game Creator - Pixel Sports Dungeons - Google Chrome 5_28_2020 10_10_40 PM
@“grazer”, I am no programmer, but I think that the error has something to do with the multiplayer host unable to load/unload levels. The weird thing is that I wasn’t connected at all to any other player (not even myself). In fact, my connection to multiplayer was disabled. This bug does not seem to occur when testing the behavior logic while in the editor. So this bug is rather strange, and it doesn’t happen all the time, but it makes it near impossible for me to play-test my game, as I continuously have to refresh the page and pray that my game doesn’t crash.