Music for Venture Back - Venture back forum

I have put this off long enough. It is time for the next step. My first large scale game is in development!

Overview
Venture back, is a platformer shooter where you must go to different areas to progress in the game. But, you may need to venture back to open a door, or grab an item, or in general go further.

Extras
I want a itch page for downloads. I also want a multiplayer mode for 2 so you can play with others. The online will most likely not come on first release, since I am not to skilled on how that works.

Demo’s
If you would like, you can join a group to get notified when demo’s get released.

• I would like to receive demo’s!
  • Not really…
  • I don’t want 1000 notifications XD

0 voters

Sans7657

6 Likes

I recommend having some sort of checkpoint system or something similar if you want to have to travel back long distances, like in Terraria. Good Luck!

2 Likes

I was thinking about that, and tbh, that is a good idea. I have to place them in good spots tho cause I want the venture back part to be challenging.

3 Likes

Well in Terraria, you have to a little bit more than the requirements to set a up a checkpoint system. So for example, you could have a UI tablet that lets you teleport around the checkpoints. I was thinking something like a hacking minigame that’s hidden in each section, and if you beat it, you get the checkpoint. Then you could force the player to prioritize the checkpoints that are worth the searching and hacking, or the ones that are simply worth taking half a minute to walk to.

Like I said, total conjecture and rabbit trailing, but maybe you can glean something out of that. :rofl:

2 Likes

TACTICAL BUG INCOMlNG

2 Likes

Well its not a bug so per say but just some very very very constructive or destructive criticism depending on how you take it.

Extra about just stuff I want to talk about but off topic

I’ve been wanting to say a bunch of stuff about a lot of things in this community but was a too afraid that I would step of peoples toes. I’ll be typing up an essay in the mean time.

3 Likes

Lol, most of us are good with constructive criticism.
And your name is glowbug

2 Likes

I want to do another large scale game but I’m drained of ideas. Only other ideas I have wouldn’t interest many people. (Biologist game)

1 Like

Hey, I would.
Everyone: :0

1 Like

Character art!

1 Like

Nice, like the style.

1 Like

I grabbed the andrade palette on lospec because it reminded me of old gameboy games

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what vibe I got lol

1 Like

I got the run cycle finished as well, though I am not a big fan

1 Like

I think I can help with that, never done one in my life but I have a bit of experience with animation.

1 Like

If u want… I could add you to the team…

2 Likes

appreciate the offer but nah, I probably won’t be doing anything that would be put into the game, I can help you figure out what might be wrong with the animation though.

1 Like

I suck at art lol, it’s what holds me back.

1 Like

This is my only tutorial I have watched, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnkDXMssMPU&t=502s

1 Like

I’ve seen that one.

1 Like