My Flowjam game - Heart Break

This is my flowjam game best played with a touchscreen still in progress
the sub theme I chose was - breakable

6 Likes

Interesting concept - it took me a few tries to figure out how to play though :smiley:

3 Likes

just added the description sorry about that

2 Likes

This game has a neat concept, and is fun to play. But I have some suggestions (I know right, you probably can’t stand me and my suggestions anymore, huh everyone?):

1. You have time, polish some art work!
  2. Add a mini story, one idea that came to my mind was that the heart had a heart attack (haha, get it?), and lost portions of their heart, and they have to collect the heart arrows to regenerate
  3. Make the arrows spawn in different positions, after a while it was just repetitive and was too easy to hit the arrows because they spawned in the same spot.
  4. Increase the speed of the arrows as the time goes on, for difficult.
  5. Maybe add game modes, where the arrows have different starting speeds and speed up slower (referring to suggest #4).

This concept has a lot of possibilities, so don’t be afraid to expand with 6 days left! If you aren’t so sure, make a copy of the game and work on it more, if you don’t like it submit the original.

2 Likes

Update
Updated almost all sprite to be vectors made in adobe illustrator
randomized arrow pozitions
made it so the the arrows speed is randomized but is more likely to be fast past score 100
Thank you for the suggestion @DinoDev

3 Likes

Me: Reads the name
Undertale death screen:
19 How you doin'? ♥ ideas | friends tv, friends tv show, joey tribbiani

3 Likes

Also:
Focus 2 vibes:
19 How you doin'? ♥ ideas | friends tv, friends tv show, joey tribbiani

3 Likes

focus 2 I only have heard of the original focus

1 Like