My game is on itch.io! (Dead Risen)

Why do you hate me so much. All because of the Minecraft thing I wanted to play with you guys and all you did was complain and flag it to @grazer plus literally all the other posts I had you flagged for nothing and becasue of that I got kicked out of Flowlab.io community for a week because of you.

Can you actully just stop with this please I have done nothing wrong to you at all and all you do is poor hate on me bro.

We are not hating on you. You are giving us reasons to flag your posts. You have attacked us for little reason, accusing us of wrongdoing (such as ā€œstealingā€ from you without presenting proof), and also that whole Minecraft post should have been a private message instead of a public discussion.

Donā€™t blame us for consequences that you suffered thanks to your actions. You have already apologized for your rude actions TWICE and you have yet to prove that you are truly sorry.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not commenting because I said I would stop commenting, because Iā€™m done giving you the attention

2 Likes

Hey Grim, Iā€™ve posted on this thread months ago about your game and how I did like it, even giving suggestions for it. I remember clearly that I had said that your game was gaining a personality too, which is good and then can be differentiated from other titles.

I definitely donā€™t hate anyone, and Iā€™ve never flagged anyone on here. And my comment was purely suggestions on the best way to get your game out there, and how your comments arenā€™t healthy to your games visibility.

Come on Grim, you can do better than this. You had a great start but it was a slippery downward slope from there. Dust yourself off, clear your head, find solutions, and use those solutions you come up with. A lot of us are trying to help. You need to see that youā€™re tearing yourself down and others with you.

2 Likes

I know that you are not flagging any of my stuff if anything your the one who actually supports me

I,m giving you reasons @MetaNinja seriously thatā€™s irritating none of my posts have absolutely no reason to be flag

Grim Iā€™ve done nothing but given you my honest opinions. Iā€™m not going to just tell you what you want to hear! Iā€™ve given you multiple chances, and Iā€™ve given you my honest advice. Iā€™m constantly giving you my opinions on your game when I see your thread dying. I LET you join my team, so you could prove that you could work with other people. And Iā€™m the villain?

(I know itā€™s silly to post this scene here, but it portrayā€™s what Iā€™m trying to say perfectly)

You want to know why my game is ahead of yours? Because I post my game on review posts I keep a constantly updating update log, I make friends on flowlab not enemies, my friends decide they want to help make the game, they advertise it on their threads.
As you can see almost ALL of those reasons include OTHER PEOPLE wanting to help. All youā€™ve been doing is trying to TELL people to play your game instead of asking them to.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you trust me with not flagging you, Grim. But you do see that there is an issue, right? We canā€™t ALL be insane, and only be against you because we want to. I would have noticed, and especially grazer, because that would have been plain cruel.

But thatā€™s not the case. Yes, there has been heated arguments on either side, but every fuse has a match that lights it. The games that youā€™re proclaiming to ā€œsuckā€ are the games made by the majority of your players. Why would they want to play a game by someone who insulted them on something they might have worked really hard on? Saying other games ā€œsuckā€, and that yours is ā€œcoolā€ is not the best advertising, especially on a game forum with other indie developers. People on Flowlab usually never come on to just play games, they come to make them. So saying that other games compared to yours is lower tier is not the best marketing strategy.

If you read my previous comments to the full, you would see a more popular and effective strategy for marketing, and how to get out of this mess. Reread my comments to their entirety and thoroughly, I think you may have missed my points.

4 Likes

@rcreger and @Ramshacklegamestudios pretty much just said what needed to be said, but just another thing: your posts did have a reason to be flagged. Some of them were just for the sake of throwing ad hominem attacks at people.
Ad hominem, latin for ā€œagainst the manā€, is basically an attack on other people for who they are or how they act, and such attack is unjustified. You have always called people ā€œsuck-upsā€, rudely giving feedback to their games, and called people names (you called me ā€œkidā€, which while it didnā€™t offend me, it was still uncalled for). We, on the other hand, are not making any ad hominem attacks against you because we are trying to point out the wrongdoings that you are making, yet you just push back and call us the bad guys. We never called you names, but you do. We never called someone the r-word, yet you have done that in a now deleted post, because you knew that it would get you flagged, which means that you know that your behavior is unacceptable, and yet you still act disrespectful.

For the sake of everyone on the forums, yourself included, please stop this kind of behavior. We are trying to be as nice as we can; now itā€™s your turn.

2 Likes

I started re-reading the posts, trying to see how all of this started and it turns out that @Ramshacklegamestudios was giving @GrimProductionZ advice on maybe finishing his game instead of full on trying to get everyone playing it. I just want to say that maybe thereā€™s a reason people only play the game like once or twice and then stop, its probably cause their waiting for the game to be updated. I donā€™t know why and argument was started over this, but I feel like this is starting to happen at least once a month now.
The only solution that I can think of is that maybe @GrimProductionZ, you should just continue updating your game (in which I canā€™t wait to see it finished) and I canā€™t really think of anything that @Ramshacklegamestudios did wrong. All of this started up from a miscommunication. Grim you probably read his post and took it the wrong way, which can happen a lot since you canā€™t really express emotions really well in chat, but at least try taking it as if it were a compliment instead of just starting a war over it.
Now those were the main reasons that I saw on here, if there was other sources elsewhere then I donā€™t know, but thats about all I got out of here. (Iā€™m currently in the middle of English right now trying to explain this, lol.)
Grim no one is going to play your game over and over again cause itā€™s not exactly finished like what everyoneā€™s been saying and there isnā€™t a main goal yet, no one plays my game anymore or just recently because its just a demo and there isnā€™t much gameplay in it and Iā€™m sure everyone is just waiting for a new map change or something. So you shouldnā€™t get so worked up on something so little.

The forums is supposed to be a collaboration of Game devs reviewing and helping each otherā€™s games and/or concepts and ideas. I donā€™t want the forums to be made of a civil war, plus this would leave a bad reputation and if new comers join in and see that people are in constant anger over stuff, they would feel insecure about flowlab and probably leave. Like I said earlier in this humongous book, it was probably just a form of miscommunication and you shouldnā€™t take things too seriously. I do remember you making a DoM 3 with Ramshackleā€™s consent, but then you took inspiration from that and made you own game, there literally was no harm done in that. Okay, my hands are starting to hurt now.

Also because of the flags that people put on your comments was mainly trying to keep the forums spam free. Not a whole lot of people want to see other games advertised on flowlab unless you are taking inspiration from it, but you full on just started asking people to play minecraft. Iā€™m not saying that I hate the game, but I feel like that sort of thing would need to be private. You could have asked through private message or on another social platform, but not the flowlab forums.

Like I said before, this would be setting a bad example towards new game devs and I donā€™t want to see flowlab shrink even more than what it is now, although everyone who is here currently is probably used to this by now, but I still donā€™t want the forums to look like pure anarchy. If someone starts arguing or blaming you for something, I would just try to figure out a solution peacefully instead of just giving in to anger, and if you do some how get angry over something, try thinking of the consequences over your actions and how it might effect your reputation, flowlabā€™s reputation, and maybe even other people. Now I know this was a communication error so Iā€™m not blaming anyone or taking any sides, but Grim you have been known for this kind of thing and I just donā€™t want to see you get kicked or banned from the forums. I doubt a mod will do that, but if stuff like this continues it may be a result.

Okay sorry for all of this typing, I would probably give an award to someone who reads every word of this, lol. I guess I got a little carrier away.

5 Likes

You owe me an award @ManiacPumpkin

3 Likes

I need my award XD

But well put and touched up on most of the details well. This thread has been only arguments of late (I was personally just trying to give ways to Grim on how he could resolve this and grow from the situation, but I could have changed some wordage), and itā€™d be a shame if it got locked. But in summary: Grim, please listen to ManiacPumpkin, he knows what heā€™s saying and gives a perfect example about you play count shrink.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not even going to try and read all of that geez you must play nitro type every day to wright this much

Go read all of it, every word, I did. Take his advice, it is very good advice.

3 Likes

I hope itā€™s not @ManiacPumpkin advice please tell me your not telling me I have to read his and others is good though.