Please Help with Vehicle Battlefield

Thanks, @CodeAlpaca

The objects emitting and rotation works just fine. I’m working on the health of both the player sprite and the bad turret. For some weird reason, when the evil bullet collides with the player sprite, it doesn’t affect the players HP bar. Sure, it kills the player, but it doesn’t make any difference to the HP bar.

The bar behavior needs to be set.

Also, it’s better to make a custom bar, but using the behavior works for prototyping

1 Like

Ok, that thing was fixed.

The bad turret still dies in one hit though.

It’s set to “Greater Than or Equal to 0”

1 Like

Nice, all of the objects are working now. All I need to do is create the game.

1 Like

I knew you could do it @CodeAlpaca

2 Likes

Yeah lol, going into games on mobile isn’t super painful. Sadly I can’t do any code though

2 Likes

Here is the link to my game:
Vehicle Battlefield!

I was wondering if I should add anything to the tank level. Any recommendations?

I need help. I want to make a chase boss sort of thing for my final level except I don’t know how. I’m going to spoil 1 thing: The player is going to be chased by a giant commit. I don’t know how to make the commit travel behind the level barriers and be able to destroy both the meteors and the player.
Please Help

I’ve made the basics of the boss movement and destroying stuff.
It’s a little too easy though. I want help making this: When the player moves, accelerates, or decelerates then the boss accelerates.

I need help with the commit. I want it to spawn when the player collides with an invisible wall but the commit’s spawning too high. Here are the behaviors I have:

This is the spawn behavior:
Please help. :pray:

You’re spawning at 2Y, which it 2 pixels down from 0,0 (top left of the starting screen).

If you increase this number it will spawn lower. This value is Pixels, not grid spaces

Oh, geez. I thought the coordinates were blocks, LOL.

1 Like

Please help.

The idea that I need help with is this: When the player clicks on the Controls button then a camera object moves and shows the player the controls.

-Thankh you,
Ember.Y

Some thing that helps a lot to figure something out is to lay it out in steps

1. Player clicks “Control” button.
  2. Camera object moves to “show” controls.

Now that we did that, define anything that is unclear. In this case “show controls”
I’m going to assume this is in menu, so showing controls would move the screen to the left/right area, which displays the controls.

Ok, so now with that you know exactly what you want to happen.

Now assign each step to an object.
Step 1 will take place in the “Controls” object.
Step 2 will take place in the camera object.

These steps happen in 2 separate objects, and the effect of 1 needs to affect the other (click button —> move camera).

This means to communicate between 2 objects you’ll either need to send a Message or use a Global. A message is all that is needed in this case.

Now let’s try to solve the first step:
When the Control button is clicked, [step 2]

This seems like a simple MouseClick—>Message

Ok time for step 2
Mailbox—>Move?

One final thing to be defined, how the camera moves. You can either Teleport the camera with Position, move it with Velocity, or Ease + Position.
So either the 1st or 3rd option will work, using Velocity for this is just weird and shouldn’t be done. You have to fiddle with it a lot and it may not even work if there is a lag spike.

Ok, now where to move it? The camera should move to be in the middle of the Controls area.

With that information, you should be able to solve the issue.

1 Like

If the camera object moves, then the players sight should change right?

The camera doesn’t move.

I used mailbox and Velocity.

I don’t know how to use option 1 or 2 yet. (Remember, I’m a noob, LOL)

Why is the player in the level? Is the in the level or menu?

The Position behavior (can be found in the Properties category) can be used for option 1 and 2

You can input a value into the X and Y and it will go that that place. You can either use pixels or grid spaces for this

1 Like

Oh, ok.

Umm… the player isn’t in the menu level.

This doesn’t work:

1 Like

Oh, never mind it does.

Thanks, now I’m going to work on the back object.

1 Like