My new multiplayer rpg

So far I’m pretty proud of this project. The only things I’m still not so sure about are syncing the enemies between players and syncing attacks between players.
If you don’t know where to go then press m to see the map. Right now there is only a small area with trees and enemy spawners.
XP, Levels, and the skill tree will save
Also players are invincible for the time being

5 Likes

Multiplayer

RPG

Congrats! You’ve created a new combination of game genres that likely doesn’t exist on Flowlab!

3 Likes

I got disconnected

2 Likes

yeah if the host leaves then you just have to refresh

2 Likes

multiplayer DOSE excist but two peepole have to use the same key board.

2 Likes

it actually is possible to make a multiplayer game WITHOUT two players using the same keyboard. You might not know it but some nearly forgotten games have this feature

4 Likes

Yeah you can use the multiplayer behaviors and shared objects to create multiplayer games on different devices.
Although multiplayer is super buggy with flowlab and I have yet to see a game that has perfected a multiplayer design so that’s why they aren’t as popular.

Also the point of a multiplayer game is to play with other people, but since not a whole lot of users are active at once on flowlab, multiplayer games also do the greatest either.

5 Likes

I have yet to see a Flowlab multiplayer game (other than grazer’s) that is more popular than Halo: Flowlab Evolved Multiplayer.

1 Like

Tbh I don’t think I ever played it, lol.

2 Likes

Understandable lol because

2 Likes

Update:

• added player health
  • added different saves for each monster
  • added dryads, find them on the left side of the map
  • added a home button
  • improved enemy spawning
4 Likes

suuuppperrr noiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Update:

• added a skill for both classes; faster regen and bleeding mandibles
  • attacks by other players are now synchronized (mostly)
  • fixed some minor bugs
4 Likes

one question: how do the points for the skill tree work?

1 Like

You kill enemies to earn XP and level up. Every time you level up, you earn some skill points.

1 Like

im at lvl 4 but the skill tree is not working

1 Like

bug

1 Like

how is it not working? You have to start at the bottom before you can but they other upgrades

2 Likes

oh ok

1 Like

i found a bug: if you hold any movement key while you load into the game after character select, you will got extremely fast. then if you move around without releasing all the keys at once you will keep this insane speed. and then the most insane thing is when you do this and use the centipedes maximum speed tunnel

2 Likes