Need to create a quick game for a (school) research study, quite confused

Hi, I’m currently in an (high school) AP Research class, and my topic is the use of games to educate. In order to conduct my trials, I need to create a game with the information from a video incorporated.

Is there any way to quickly make like, a 3-5 minute platform game where I can just enter some basic dialogue, and let a character move around the screen/progress through the game?

Thanks so much, really appreciate any help or advice!

4 Likes

What kind of advice are you looking for?

1 Like

If there is a template game available, or just really any way to make the creation process faster.

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no template, but if you need any help, you have a whole community to back you up.

To get you started -
Maybe make a game which teaches you how stuff works through drag and drop or platforming?

3 Likes

No, it’s sort of like, I have an educational youtube video, and I need to make a game that teaches the content of the video as the player advances through the game.

2 Likes

Yes, you could put some people around the map of platforming that teach the concepts to you, and maybe make you answer questions to proceed.

1 Like

Well I have a dialogue example I could show you OR I could use The Thunderdome (a game that helps specific people)

You’re in luck! Flowlab is good for platformers, and you should be able to make one quickly using premade bundles and sprites. Both of which, you can find in the editor.

2 Likes

BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE WITH THE THUNDERDOME >:3