New Raycaster engine - Raycaster Engine V.5

This Engine has better sprites, better textures and will be updated more frequently then the others
The link:

His name is mark

12 Likes

It’s… beautiful

6 Likes

why is mark

2 Likes

Nice! The chandelier gives me the same vibes as the Wolfenstein level in DooM 1.

4 Likes

Why not? Mark is one of the if not the best name for a friend!

4 Likes

It gives me the same vibes as the Wolfenstein level in Wolfenstein

5 Likes

Seems well done, I can’t check it rn because I’m on a phone, but I’ll check it out later

3 Likes

amazing just amazing

3 Likes

i’m very interested in how this works

3 Likes

If you look up Wolfenstein on youtube there are plenty of good videos to watch. I’m sure the method he used was a slightly different version adapted for flowlab, but the principles are the same. I might try to make a Wolfenstein game later, but I’m quite busy with my other projects atm

3 Likes

…tell mark i said hi

3 Likes

That is really cool!

2 Likes

It’s Mark-in’ time

3 Likes

Oh btw, there’s a third person engine (it’s more like an old resident evil game)

5 Likes

You could make a 3rd person engine by having the current player object in the 1st person engine function as a camera and have a separate entity as the player

3 Likes

I am very impressed, this was one of the reasons I kept requesting Grazer for a message to spawn option, and it’s beautiful. The solution is elegantly simple, I will have to try making this myself again later.
I do suggest if you ever make smaller wall objects, I recommend using the point to line method, so you have less distance to size issues. Congrats Yoann!

7 Likes