New Year update: Cloning

I just deployed a new update to the website to enable a feature that has been requested a lot: cloning games. For now this feature is not available on free accounts, but here’s how it works:

• If you have an Indie membership, you can clone (make a copy of) your own games
  • If you have a Studio or Education membership, every user on that account can also clone each others games

This is intended to be used for:

• Making a copy of your game before making drastic changes, in case you want to revert them later
  • Making game “Templates” that can be copied across accounts

Ooooh snap!

It doesn’t work all that well:

Collisions working incorrectly, Working fine now after fixing families
Easily noticable problems
Expressions not editing correctly, if changed, gives an outcome as if it never was changed

Compare this: http://flowlab.io/game/view/530626
To this: http://flowlab.io/game/view/570896

Goal: create a mobile friendly version

It seems that the families didn’t go across, so you have to set them again

thanks for the report - I’ll check it out

Hey, this update is awesome, I got something I really could use

More importantly, this may just be the one to go to android. I never find the time to do it, it all just looks so hard. I got the dev license, but now I gotta figure out how to get the apk ready and all that

@jngthree - did you change the width of the clone, or did it copy incorrectly?

I changed that myself so I could configure it to mobile.

OK good, thanks. I just deployed an update for the parents not getting cloned properly, so that’s fixed. I’ll look into the expression issue tomorrow.

Let me know if you run into any other glitches - this is all brand new code, so there may be some edge cases I overlooked.

Thanks!

i really want to come back here… i want to help out everybody, report bugs and continuing making my games but i don’t have enough time :frowning:

@PixelPizza It’s not about “having” time. It’s about “MAKING” time :wink:

Making time?!? No mortal being on Earth could ever do that

You don’t get it lol :stuck_out_tongue:

@ztg5 - I just found (and fixed) an issue that was preventing some older games from cloning properly. I think this will allow you to clone Buckets now.

:worried: thats a lot of buckets

@jngthree - I also just changed it so that clones do not inherit the favorite and play count of the games they are cloned from, so clones will no longer jump right to the top of the games list

The cloning is not working for me!!! Please take a look at this!!!

ScreenShot_20170115025243

not working @ztg5
u just spammed

I’m just shocked… hey, did the clones “kick the bucket” afterward? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAwhatamidoingHAHAHAHHAHAHAH