Objects sharing data (when I don't want them to) (SOLVED)

basically in 1 object if it’s clicked I read some values and store them then when the same object but a different block is opened the values from the last one is there… (and it’s NOT a visual bug)

In this game:

In the “Furnace” object in the “Furnace Data” bundle
(The messages are being sent from the “Inventory” object in the UI in the “Inventory Manager” bundle)
and when the menu is closed the data in those 2 slots are cleared meaning its not overlapping from that

4 Likes

I think there’s something with lists sharing values. I’ll take a look at the code and see if I find anything else.

2 Likes

the values are in the number not list thats why I’m so frustrated I would have been done with furnaces today but for the last 6+ hours iv been stuck with this…

2 Likes

btw the furnace arrow doesn’t disappear

2 Likes

It’s when you click fast I know it’s on the list XD crafting sometimes outputs a null block the list goes on and on XD

2 Likes

how do I add objects to the furnace? is there another way that I can test the values in the furnace?

2 Likes

i made a temporary crafting recipe 1 dirt for 2 furnaces (you can just put items inside like normal)
btw I easily found the bug with crafting its good now but ill have to find a way to fix the arrow and fire

2 Likes

also test in the multiplayer not the singleplayer

2 Likes

I think I fixed it (and If you spam closed and open the furnace it would bug out your inventory idk if that is fixed)

The inventory is sending a message to the furnace of the values in that slot, but it’s sending those values to all furnaces, not one furnace. Maybe have the furnace send a message to the inventory and then have the message on Reply to last message (only works if it’s not getting other messages after you open the furnace)

2 Likes

yes but the switchs blocks those values unless that specific one is clicked on

2 Likes

Sorry i removed the switchs let me see

2 Likes

I’m Retarted I deleted the switches cause they were acting weird but that makes a lot of sense!
Thank You!!!

1 Like

now to actually make them you know cook :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It looks like the values are just are being put into the number blocks, then when the furnace is opened it outputs those values because the values are not blocked from being set

EDIT: oh you fixed it, gj can’t wait to eat some tasty steak

2 Likes

yeah refresh it I fixed it (instead of the numbers on the left it used to be switches I forgot to add one back)

1 Like

I dont have time to do animals (or entity models) I go inactive Tuesday for 2 years (I’m trying to rush this)

1 Like

Well, if you need any more help I’d be happy to help you so you can rush faster.

1 Like