Backup OTC of Destiny

I just looked up the meaning of permafried :upside_down_face:
There are some things that are just instantly regrettable.

2 Likes

But who else will stand up to them? We do it because we want to keep the forums safe, not because we enjoy it. I certainly donā€™t have fun picking fights.

4 Likes

I understand fully. Iā€™ve never put anyone on ignore. But I used to get into arguments and then both of us would end up getting flagged and the topics would get shut down (not here, another forum). Other people who wanted no part of the drama just put both of us on ignore.

That suggestion was for those who donā€™t want to get involved.

4 Likes

Weā€™d rather remain informed though. I donā€™t want to sound old and corny here, but knowing is half the battle.

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™m right there with you. I want to read everything. Even if someone is insulting me. Iā€™ve learned better than to engage them directly though. I mostly try to diffuse the argument if possible. If not possible, I just stop replying to that person.

2 Likes

But if theyā€™re picking on others, thatā€™s when I step in. I donā€™t care that much if Iā€™m insulted. I used to though.

1 Like

My last forum had a bunch of moderators who were supposed to step in if someone was getting picked on. It doesnā€™t appear that Flowlab has a ā€œmod squadā€, though.

3 Likes

@Mhx_AĆ®r is supposed to be the moderator, but he hasnā€™t been on flowlab in about a year now. Or at least Iā€™ve never seen him on.
I donā€™t mind tagging him either cause he isnā€™t on anyway.

And grazer is too busy to really check the forums all the time so even when you tag him he sometimes misses it.

4 Likes

@JR_01 is basically the closest thing to a mod. He refuses to help us, but the one or two times they get way too out of line, heā€™s like a tactical nuke. He has a lot of respect in the community and as a person.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t bother grazer with that stuff, he seems busy enough as it is. Since this community is much smaller than the last one I was in, full time moderation is probably not possible here. In that case, yeah, the community has to mostly moderate itself. I was just throwing out the ignore option for anyone who doesnā€™t want to have to deal with it.

3 Likes

Other than that, the closest thing to a moderator is the influencers. If one of them shuns you, itā€™s real bad for your reputation. Bitwit, Pixelpizza, Jr and Todorrobot are the ones that come to mind fastest.

4 Likes

I would go into more detail, but probably not best for the public.

But some users tend to act better than the rest and seem to ā€œpretendā€ to be the more maturity of the forum and usually look down on everyone else that disagrees with them.

Which would explain why you will randomly get attacked by users that you werenā€™t even socializing with, but you replied to someone else explaining your opinion.

3 Likes

I prefer not to get involved in any fights here, or anywhere for that matter. But especially not here, for several reasons.

One, there are a lot of minors here. Itā€™s a bad look for an adult to go around getting into internet arguments with minors, LOL.

Two, I want to learn how to make games, and I want people to like my games. Making enemies will not help me with either of these goals.

Three, I donā€™t know most of you, so I have no reason to take sides.

And probably most importantly, four, I donā€™t want to fight with anyone in the first place If they donā€™t like my games, thatā€™s okay, they can tell me that my games are terrible, Iā€™ll accept the criticism and try to do better next time.

The arguments I got into on my last forum were usually over me expressing an honest opinion about some feature of the game, and other people telling me Iā€™m stupid for having that opinionā€¦ discussion is one thing, but those werenā€™t even discussions. Just toxic trash talking without any purpose. I never want to get involved with anything like that again, it was a huge waste of time.

4 Likes

Jr_01, Todorrobot, and Bitwit are pretty alright for Iā€™ve socialized with them before, but I donā€™t even think pixel pizza knows I exist. Mainly when he made a video over all of the flowjam 2021 games, he put down everyoneā€™s games except mine, even games that didnā€™t make the top 10 and I felt like I was kinda rejected at the time.
Not sure if he did he cause he doesnā€™t know me or what, but I never really talked to him much, mainly since he afks for like months at a time and then comes back only to kick out a huge project or game in his series and then disappears for a while.

He even stopped participating in flowjam after he won. So he seemed kinda sketchy to me, but everyone seems to treat him like an honor student, so I respect him, but I just never really acted as if he were a friend or anything.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel the same way with jr. I kinda messed up with my relationship early on and never got to apologize.

2 Likes

I donā€™t care about Pixelpizza too much myself, but heā€™s bringing in the money for grazer so heā€™s a big boy nowā€¦ Apparentlyā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s okay, I was told my opinion didnā€™t matter since I was putting peoples lives at risk for not wanting to get a Covid vaccine, but thanks to mebslime for linking an article saying itā€™s doing more harm than actual good so that proved my side.

But the main point is that people are so ready to defend their one sided view on an argument and donā€™t really think of anyone elseā€™s opinions, which then leads to debates and then huge arguments since no one can ever accept each otherā€™s opinions.

2 Likes

I screwed up big time when I didnā€™t take that job offer from Highschool Jacob. I am still trying not to be salty lol, but I wouldā€™ve been the next Pixelpizza.

2 Likes

What offer were you given?
Not to be nosy or anything, but I thought he kinda ignored everyone except bigger league flowlabers.

The job offer to work with him on the games like Stacey. I was going to say yes but didnā€™t email him in time so Pixelpizza got the job.

2 Likes