Ok ok big brains pls one more time

so anyways i have been trying to make this look like it is stuck to the arm.
But instead it spins in a awkward position. I need some help. I have been trying to figure this out like 2 hours ago. as the sprite points towards mouse this happens
Screenshot 2022-02-08 1.51.35 PM

2 Likes

Attached objects will always attach to the center of the object. Could you send the link so we can help?

1 Like

In the arm sprite: always extract xy of body sprite run both through separate equations to offset to the correct position (probably something like x-minus 8 or 16 and y-minus 16 or 24? Just as a guess). Make sure the out is always equating to a xy position of the body and it will rotate from… not the groin.

1 Like

In addition to what todorrobot and john shrekinson said, make sure that the sprite is actually centered in the sprite editor, and not offset from the middle in any way

Yes! Good point. The point of rotation for your arm needs to be in the exact center of the sprite size, there might be a lot of empty space around the arm, but that is OK. It might take some adjusting of the sprite and the equations to get it to line up correctly.

1 Like

thxs i will sent the link for you guys to see it.

just go to NSS page its there thxs fo the help

i have no clue what you just said

So for the arm, the sprite needs to be allign so the center of the sprite is where you want it to rotate at:

And then you need to set the offset for the arm to place on the attached location:

And then you get the placement might be looking for:

2 Likes

thank you… but the game is not there no more :frowning:

1 Like

Then ask grazer to restore it

1 Like

Ok? Let me guess is grazer like the maker of the flowlab software?

Correct.

1 Like

Yea, he’s basically a one man band on this whole thing.

1 Like

ok so where can i talk to him?

You can private message him. Tag him in a post such as @(grazer) without the (). Or you could message him in discord, but i don’t know if you have it or not.

1 Like

do you think he will look in flowlab forum?

Well ofc, he’s on all the time. Why wouldn’t he look at the forum?

2 Likes

maybe doing something else