Operation Delete - 60FPS & Update!

Hi, Operation Delete was mine and @JR01 's entries, with the help of my friends Luis and Izi.
We hope you like it!

Game Link: Flowlab Game Creator - Operation Delete

This game is more like a demo; it’s playable and “completable”, but it’s kinda missing a lot :smile:
We didn’t have time to finish everything, but oh well, it happens. No need to be sorry about it.
We will for sure love to update this game after the jam!

Logo SMALL

Operation Delete Jam GIF

Your PC is running out of space due to a weird virus infecting and duplicating your files!
Delete all the infected files, and carry the good files to the external Disk before the bomb explodes!

Controls:

Use WASD to move.
Use Mouse-Click or press Space to shoot!

Use E to select and save files!

Press F for fullscreen.

Some assets were used from the “UI Asset Pack - by Samuel Tomé”

If you played it, lets us know what you think :blush:

11 Likes

Very fun game, great graphics, UI, use of theme, etc. The only thing I could say I would complain about is the difficulty - maybe a setting for that?

6 Likes

I really liked this one, a great game again from the two of you… and Luis and Izi.

5 Likes

First thing I thought of since I was rewatching Death Note today

6 Likes

Thanks yall, glad you liked it! @Bmarzi @rcreger @John_Shrekinson
Yea the game is a bit difficult ahah

7 Likes

The art looks great and the coding (what I can see of it anyway) looks nice and streamlined. Only question I have is where you managed to find infected .pdf files

6 Likes

Hey! I updated the game to fix some crucial bugs (like getting stuck on levels, on specific outcomes), added/improved some SFX, and lowered the enemies’ HP.

Have at it again, the game is easier and more fun now.
Let me know if you find any issues or have any feedback!
Thanks!

6 Likes

Hey! Finally had the motivation to work and finish the new player animations!
gun reload

Operation Delete - Animations update v.1.2 is now live!

There are plenty of new sprites (like the new PC screen and background), and the player animations are so much closer to what I initially had in mind.
This game was way too ambitious for my timeframe, for sure ahah.

Try it out and lemme know what you think :blush:

8 Likes

Pizza, you are terrifyingly good at making these intricate characters with their movement systems, animations etc. I tried the game yesterday amid the update and realized just how much goes into… everything. Reduced speed when moving backwards… ok, speed reduced when firing… not reduced when going forward? strafing has slower speed??? how???

Really awesome game here, all your games including this one feel like they’re pushing the ceiling of what’s possible in flowlab further. Keep up the good work!!

5 Likes

ihihi thanks @sup3r87 :heart: You are awesome too :slight_smile:

New Smol Operation Delete Update! :file_folder:

It’s super smooth now, with 60FPS! Woah! :fireworks:

Changelog:

• Updated Game Intro, with a cool Zoom intro to show the entire screen first.
  • Game now runs at a smooth buttery 60FPS :butter:
    I just had to use the setting, no adjustments were needed yay! The game is even more fun now tbh!
  • Added a Restart Key: Press R to Restart the Level you are in.
  • New Foreshadowing Desktop icons :eyes:

Play it and let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Also, this game was being featured on Y8 without my consent, so they were profiting off my back. :confused:
Recently, I tried reaching out for a possible collaboration, but they just ignored my message and simply deleted the game from their website (without ever paying me).

I wish I had some funding to update this game further, but I guess I will have to find other solutions because I really want to work on this game some more.
Thanks for playing and supporting my work! :blush:

Also, did you know, @CodeAlpaca made a video speedrunning Operation Delete!!! That’s so cool! :heart:

6 Likes