šŸŽ¼ Parse-O-Rhythm - Sunday Devlogs!

:rotating_light: Try not to chase S or A ranks until the update!

Hi!

This weekend, Iā€™m planning on adding an update that will change how game scores are saved. This means that your scores will be lost. The new system will be more flexible, show more information, and will be compatible with a leaderboard update which is coming in a little while.

Thanks!

-sup3r87

4 Likes

Aw man I was already chasing ranks.

3 Likes

at least the levels wonā€™t be modified this update (or ever probably) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:tada:Update A!

Yo! Update A has released, which primarily smoothes out the gameā€™s rough edges. This is a ā€œsmallerā€ scale update so that work can be done on more important stuff, like overhauling the saving system & a leaderboard, which are coming soon-ish.

-:tools: ā€œClick to startā€ screen: this screen solves the audio player and text issues previously present when starting the game for the first time.

-:boom: You can now only hit ONE error per slash. No more ā€œhitting multiple notesā€ heresy!

-:newspaper: New news feature - I plan on putting updates in this funny lilā€™ panel too in the future!

Those are all the major changes in this update. Thanks for tuning in!

-Sup3r87 games

7 Likes

NNOOO i used the hit multiple errors to S rank macrocosm!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS A FEATUREEEEE

revrt plis

2 Likes

Soundtrack is now streaming!

Hi! Logan put the soundtrack for the game up on three different platforms, so now you can add them to your playlists :slight_smile: .

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube

6 Likes

Going to listen to these songs while game devving.

5 Likes

I put these all on my playlist as soon as they were announced on discord lol

6 Likes

the non-one error per slash was my biggest issue with the game, now its even better :smiley:
Iā€™ll have to go through all the levels again! Really big fan of this game you and logan did really great

Edit: I rage quit after trying to get S on everything cause I s uck at it TT

5 Likes

honestly parse o rhythm is a lot harder than it looks lol. Iā€™ve tried to S rank halcyon several times but the quick long distance bits trip me up pretty frequently

5 Likes

im never S-ranking halcyon

2 Likes

small bugfix

Since update A, for some reason, slashing for the first time didnā€™t result in destroying errors. This has been fixed! Much more exciting stuff coming this weekend.

6 Likes

tried playing again:

SOO CLOSE

the problem for me is pressing the button fast enough. Iā€™ve tried doing a combo of mouse clicks and keyboard but I canā€™t really get it down.

3 Likes

94% is I think the best score I have seen anyone pull off so far! excellent work!

5 Likes

@sup3r87 is Halcyon faster than before? Also got 98.42 on Macrocosm, Iā€™ll continue maybe tomorrow. Rhythm games arenā€™t as nice to grind lol

4 Likes

well the BPM of the song didnā€™t change so I donā€™t think so! at least I hope not lol

3 Likes

Oh lol skill issue by me, seems way faster because I havenā€™t done it in a few weeks. Also noticed a new locked path :eyes:

4 Likes

Update B isnā€™t done yet BUT I would like to inform you all that the halcyon leaderboard is now up, so your scores for that level are immortalized :eyes:

4 Likes

:b: Update B

Yo! Update B is here with some cool new features to enjoy the game with. This is the second in three updates before we move on to developing the (paid) steam version. Here are the major changes!

-:eye: Glowing errors: The graphics of errors have been adjusted so that its easier to tell if they are positive or negative. If you have any thoughts on this, pleace voice them!!

-:bulb: Flash brightness: You can now adjust the brightness of flash effects - unless youā€™re opening the game for the first time, theyā€™ll be set to 0% due to how stuff was programmed. Go adjust it in the settings menu!

-:musical_note: Artist profiles: There is now an artist profile system that shows what artist was behind what set of levels. This will mainly be useful in the paid version down the line.

-:trophy: Halcyon leaderboard: Visible after beating the first level, you can now see a leaderboard of the best scores people have gotten on the infamously difficult level, halcyon! This is for the (free) web version only.

I noticed via dev. statistics that a lot of people played the game last week. So happy you all are enjoying the game as much as we did making it! Stay tuned for update C. :slight_smile:

-Sup3r87 games

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad the game is getting attention from both players and the dev lol
Will the ā€œcoming soonā€ levels be coming soon anytime soon?

4 Likes