Personal Lessons - CodeAlpaca

So, a lot of people are unsure how to use some behaviors or how to use them together.

As one of the foremost experts on flowlab (personal opinion, contact my lawyer for more information),
I would like to help improve some people’s games.

Now, I will not be solving whatever problems you may have here (though you can @me on a help request). What I will do here is train you to be able to solve your own problems.
So what I will do is:

1. Give me something you want to learn about (ex. Lists, Spawn, it can be a little more specific if you want)
  2. I will make some example problems for you to solve progressively getting harder. If you do anything inefficient or get stuck I will explain what went wrong and why.
    These practice problems will be used in a variety of ways to give you a wide spectrum of how these things can be used in ways you probably haven’t thought about.
  3. As a bonus, I will give you some tips for organizing code if you want :slight_smile:
    (This will all happen in a PM)

So feel free to ask away! (I will not respond instantly because I am still working on my own projects, but when I get a chance I will). Hopefully, I can keep this topic alive because I solve problems every day anyway, so it’s nothing that different than what I’m already doing.

Note: For learning purposes, I will summarize what we went over in the PM on this topic so others can learn from it too. I will also list the problems that were encountered and how they were solved

9 Likes

And you can have all this for the low price of $0.00 + a heart :llama:

Also, each lesson will span a MAXIMUM of 3 days. So if you do not respond quickly enough the lesson will end so that I can keep things flowing.

8 Likes

I’ll use your service during the flowjam wink wink

/j

1 Like

Okay Mr. Alpaca!

2 Likes

Can you train me how to make an epic final boss battle for Gamougg please?

2 Likes

Not exactly something I can help with, that’s more like game design. If you want to know more about how some behaviors can be used I could help with that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would like some help with that please.

1 Like

I need to know what you specifically want to learn

1 Like

How to make an epic boss battle like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

That’s game design you’re asking for

Okay, I change my mind and specifically, I would like leaderboard behavior help.

1 Like

Ok, after I finish working on my game for a bit and eat food I’ll contact you

1 Like

:muscle: :+1:

2 Likes

Is this kind offer still active? If so, I’d love to learn more about what I can do with text lists.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s still active! Happy you’d like to learn more about it

3 Likes

In that case I’m into it at your convenience! I’d like to be using a lot more narration and dialogue in my games and I don’t want it all to get too messy so I’d like to know the optimal techniques to use with those blocks.

3 Likes

Great! I’ll probably DM you sometime today or tomorrow.
Also, text lists can be used for much more than just dialogue, but those get into some really advanced topics so I’ll probably not talk too much about that.

3 Likes

Just want my characters to be able to talk, respond to dialogue choices, and maybe require correct user typed input in order to unlock something.

3 Likes