Physics for a top down game?

Is there a way to make physics settings affect sprites in a top down game? I notice gravity just pulls everything down, but I’d like things to bounce and slide and so on, just top down.

there’s a bunch of examples on the help page, i don’t want to have to explain all of the code rn since i’m busy

1 Like

I did look at the help page examples, but what I mean is whether the interface has a setting that makes something “affected by physics” but doesn’t make gravity point downwards. I’m trying to avoid having to roll my own physics code sprite by sprite if I don’t have to :slight_smile:

just uncheck the affected by gravity box

I’ve unchecked “affected by gravity”, I’ve made the ball as bouncy as possible with practically no friction, and still it behaves like this:

CleanShot 2022-07-09 at 18.27.29

ease the velocity of the ball down to 0 to create the idea that it’s a normal object

This may be the source of the problem. The ball has no calculated velocity, it’s simply being pushed around the area by the player sprites. I thought if I give it physics properties, it would respond with those alone.