Pin pad code help (Solved)

Would it be possible to create a pin pad where you have to input a certain code (For example, the numbers 3421 in that order) to open a door?

I’m trying to create sort of a prison break level and thought this would be a good idea for a certain number pair the player would have to find and input correctly to progress forward. I tried to look on the forum and in other flowlab games but I can’t find an example. I don’t know how I would attempt to do this, especially if order matters. The amount of numbers I would want would be 4 or if the code gets too complicated perhaps just 3.

1 Like

look at the input text example at helpful examples this will be for the typing then use a text comparer under text and lists and match the text example to A. then add a text to compare it to and put in the password you want into that. connect that one to B.
Edit: have an always connected to the text that is connected to B. then have the yes output go into a to number connect the output of the to number into whatever you want the password to do

1 Like

Yeah, I actually used that same feature in my game, Algiophobia.
Although I honestly can’t explain that cause its very complicated. But I’m sure @JR01 would be willing to help give a better explanation on this.
I’m also in the middle of school so I don’t have enough time to even say anything anyway.

1 Like

If it was me, I would make a list that would have to match the compare block.
But that could be a little advance to do.

A much easier way to do that is to use a chain of switches that unlocks the next when you press that number in that order. Reset all the switches when you reset the keypad.

2 Likes

here i did an example put in a hello for a blue screen if you want a different password look for the hello text box and change it to what ever you want

1 Like

Thanks! I ended up using the code to test it out and it worked! I added a counter to track when the code would need to be reset and also added labels to tell the player when it was reset! I also made it so you cant start the sequence of letters until you press the enter key to prevent it from triggering whenever they pressed the number buttons. Im attaching a picture of the code In case anyone else has this same problem and cant figure out how to make a counter :slight_smile:

I plan on adding a proximity also so you can only input in the code when near the block and if you walk a certain length away the code will reset.

Thanks for the example! I did end up testing your code also and it worked great too! I ended up using the filter as I preferred coding it that way as I’m super unfamiliar with all the text stuff but also a really helpful solution for the next person with this same question :slight_smile:

2 Likes