Pixel's sprite Game Jam

ok from now on i will be doing the jsab and going “pink bad”

3 Likes

im gonna enjoy adding some fun gimmicks

1 Like

You can crop them change the color or combine two but you cannot create your own sprites. You have till Dec 18th to finish your game and turn it in.

2 Likes

sorry for me saying this

It’s alright we all make mistakes lol

3 Likes

Why did you make the sprites 9x9…
Having the sprites be 9x9 makes it basically impossible to upscale cleanly because you would need to go to 18x18, 27x27, 36x36, and none of them are 32x32. The only way to upscale it would be to go into an editor like pixilart, remove 1 layer of pixels to make it 8x8, then upscale to 32x32. But there is still a problem with this, things like the Ground sprite need to be 9x9 to complete the tileset…

When you upscale 9x9 to 32x32 in an editor like that you will get something that looks very close, but will have a couple of pixels added or removed, meaning none of the sprites will be exactly the same. (On most sprites it would work to remove 1 pixel because they are not completely 9x9, the actual white part is smaller, it just specifically effects the ground sprites)

Another thing, each image has to be upscaled individually, meaning you would need to go through this process 33 times because it isn’t a sprite sheet

1 Like

Where did you get the resized sprites?

so you drag n drop em into flowlab, then drag them into the 32x32 space.
they’re not sized correctly so they won’t line up with the pixels tho

1 Like

I downloaded it and they were all 9x9

1 Like

Most don’t really fill the grid and that’s why I said that you can crop and or combine them to make new sprites but I have to see evidence of that

Are the images you sent meant to be upscaled, because on the forums they show up as bigger, but my computer downloaded them as 9x9 still.

I’m probably not going to join anyways so it’s not a big deal, but was just curious if my Chromebook was messing up the images

they are 9x9 sized sprites that I upscaled to make it easier to see the sprites. I did this in the forums so maybe that’s why you’re downloading 9x9

question, can i add text to my game @Pixel_Name1 ?

1 Like

Yes any behaviors are welcome lol

Until someone uses the text to make the character

OMG i just probably made some of the coolest code I’ve made in my life

1 Like

instead of manually setting the value for every level and updating it every time I want to change the number of drones, I made every drone send a message so the level will change if you’ve killed all the drones. I know it’s really not that advanced but I’m very proud of it

3 Likes

when you see it’s labeled droneHello…

2 Likes

IT’S NOT JUST “HELLO” :skull:

2 Likes

5 Likes