Play my game? (Still a WIP)

Here is the link: https://flowlab.io/game/view/999297
It is still a work in progress. The last two levels(4 and 5) have a basic land laid out, but there is nothing else. Click on the little floating info bubble in the lower left for controls and stuff. If you find any bugs, please let me know. I would also appreciate some constructive criticism, as this project is for a grade :slight_smile:

This is pretty cool! All in all, it’s a pretty solid idea for a game, but I suggest adding some music and sound effects, to make it more like an 8-bit game.

@CenteredLizard4 Thank you! I was planing on adding a soundtrack, yes, but I’m saving that for later.

hmm, its mediocre. maybe could add collecting sounds. Sound track. Maybe add more items? instead of just seeing grass and fish the whole time, if you get what I mean.

@“Lyndon Bork” That’s true. Like a “bling” sound when you get the fish, or something

@“Lyndon Bork” Thanks for your input! I’m trying to get the actual game done before I add in anything else. The due date for this is coming up pretty soon, so I would like the game to be finished before I start adding in extra things like sounds.

I don’t mean to be mean, but here are my criticisms:

-You said there were question and exclamation mark s
-I would like to see four-frame animations

• Doggo’s animation isn’t inline with his speed
    -Something isn’t quite right with flying doggo’s animation
    -Common mistake: the fish are solid so you bounce awkwardly of them
  • Flying doggo’s are not smoothly bouncing each other

Like I said, not to be mean, just my criticisms :slight_smile:

@Superstarman Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it! I’ll try and refine these later once I finish the actual game. You aren’t being mean, just giving some pointers on things that I can improve :D.

hey Ecz i like the concept of the game and the level making i hope you make another

but I would like you to try mine I have good exp and i think you will enjoy my game and just a pointer you should make the rain animation go down a bit because i lagged a ton but other than that it was a very good game here’s the link and just to let you know as of the time i posted this comment (11:37 am Sunday October 21 2018) it still is a Work in progress https://flowlab.io/game/view/1014094

@"Frost "
Sure! I’ll check out your game as soon as I have the time. apologies for responding late, I was stuck up in a turmoil of work to do :(.
And sure thing, I’ll slow down the animation or remove one of the frames from the rain. I experienced a bit of a lag on other devices while bug testing, but I just thought that it was the age of the computer(around 10 years old, wow). thank you for your feedback!

Love your game! The first level at least has some bugs, such as the jump is so low I can’t get out of the pits of jump over blocks. Otherwise a great game!