Play Rotatio Beta! - Honestly idk

Remember my sin, cos, and tan test? That has now become Rotatio, an arcade-style game where you shoot the circles in order to gain points, but you can’t get hit!
Some code sourced from Flowlab Game Creator - Focus II and Flowlab Game Creator - Sin & Cos Example
PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS! EVEN IF YOU SAY IT SUCKS AND I NEED TO SCRAP IT!!!

Link: Flowlab Game Creator - Rotatio

3 Likes

No, it is not pronounced roh-tae-toh
It’s roh-tah-toh.
I could’ve chosen a better name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice Game, if you need help with anything, I can help you, and if you want, I can make you part of my team

2 Likes

Sounds cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

invitation sent, welcome to the team

2 Likes

It’s a cool start to a game, but it’s definitely pronounced like “potato”, sorry :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not for long :upside_down_face:
Still had a chance to change the name, so I took it.

“Rotatio”…“Rotatio”…so kinda like ratio, but with rotation?

1 Like

Yessir! You get some dogecoin for solving that one.

1 Like

New update!

The fancy stuff update

All new UI, health, score and reload system, and color shift!.. sort of. The color shift is going janky and I’D APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE WOULD HELP!!!

3 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has answered this in the other topic because I didn’t look very thoroughly; try using the color behavior, with the RGB and alpha inputs. You could use a parent if you want it to work for multiple types. Make the objects white and search up RGB color codes or user a color wheel to get the RGB values.

2 Likes

I tried and failed. Some 1000000 block piece of code containing a thousand eases and the rgb. Did. Not. Work :frowning:

2 Likes

UPDATE!

• Rgb fixed. Neon mode can now be activated without glitches once you get past 1 minute.
  • Added patches to health system
  • Added heart powerups! What, what?! Collide with a heart and it adds one to your health. Shoot it, though, and it takes away 1 health :upside_down_face:
1 Like

Oh, I almost forgot:

• Added features to bullet. New look and kill animation on collision with meteor.
1 Like

Poll!

I have the health powerup chance set to 1/10. The hearts appear pretty often at that point, so should I change it?
  • Yes (please comment below)
  • No. Keep it where it’s at

0 voters

1 Like

UPDATES!

• Changed text color so it’s easier to see. Please comment if you like it or not.
  • Now you only get 100 points from a health power up if you’re already at max health
  • My max score is 7100. What about you? :upside_down_face:
2 Likes

THINGS YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:

• Text fade on death (that’s an easy fix :upside_down_face:)
  • Smooth movement animation to make the player movement pop more
3 Likes

UPDATE!

• Text fade added. Also moved all text to the Shade object to make organization easier.
  • Fade in on startup. Just to look fancy :upside_down_face:

IK I’m sending these updates like a bullet train, so I’ll give you an update when something big and substantial happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE 1.6!

• Bundled code for organization.
  • Basic difficulty progression added.
  • Fixed shoot spamming with manual timer code.
  • Fixed bug where the big menu screen meteor would turn into a heart.
  • Touched up crosshair sprite.
  • Better bounce (Credit to JR_01).

What you can look forward to:

• Credits (You can’t forget the rest of the team :slight_smile: )
  • Smooth movement animations for Player
  • Different modes?? (this is a maybe)
  • Settings
  • Patching the main menu music
  • More sounds, more music. Make it pop!

Also, if you want to be pinged on updates, please say so.

DON’T FORGET TO DO THE POLL!

2 Likes

Damn, this looks like a DinoDev topic, I think we need some people to actually reply to this instead of ignore it.

I voted on the poll, I think I like the outcome being slightly more common because usually power ups like this are meant to be more common, whilst more powerful ones being less common.

2 Likes