PLEASE SOMEONE HELP :(:(:(:( ------- Single object color shift not working

I switched the color shift in the BG Stars object to Single Object. Only one star sprite changes color however. Yes, I reloaded the page.

@grazer almighty one plz help I’m scared ._.

3 Likes

I see what you mean now, it’s like they got stuck on something.

3 Likes

I was always confused on how the RGB color behavior worked. I always though white didn’t change since it was the completely absence of color whereas black is an equal combination of everything, but then when it comes to light it’s the complete opposite, lol.

3 Likes

White can change because its the absence of colors, black cant change because its every color.
When something already has every color, there’s nothing to shift to.

3 Likes

@hihilogic, what seems to work for me is deleting the shader set to “this object only”.
Add a new shader with color shift and set to “Background Layer”

I have a feeling that copying the shader with Game Layer froze it up somehow.
When a shader breaks, the best thing to do is delete it and add a new one.

3 Likes

Yeah, white is basically just a blank slate/canvas for you to paint on.

2 Likes

I cAnT tHo!!!
I want every star object to shade on its own by using random numbers so that not all of it’s the same and it looks cool.
Also, IK about the white and black can’t shade, which is why i changed the color to red on the shading.
Although I will try to move the game layer shader and see if that does anything.

2 Likes

That’s not gonna work,
Shaders are not made to overlap each other, or even to have a bunch of at one time.

Your best option is to use the RGB behavior to change each start color randomly, but before that another thing is that you have an animation in the stars to be red which completely removes the Green and Blue options on RGB.

I used some math formulas, but you can also do it by randomly adding between 0 and 100 for each RGB input. Make all the inputs have random if you want the background stars work individually.

3 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile:
You’ve been amazing help! Here’s a dogecoin:

2 Likes