Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

After a bit of brainstorming, it is official… There’s another Plymouth Entertainment game coming! The game is currently under the title, “Sol”, and will be a 2D story-shooter game in a murky steampunk-ish world. With all things considered: the animation, the storytelling, the dialogue, the gameplay… This will be the most ambitious Plymouth Entertainment game yet!* Stay tuned…

*We will be posting short teasers of the game up until it’s launch update, so if you want to find out more, just check out here.

19 Likes

Sounds pretty cool. With all of the stories you came up with for my character designs and concepts, I can tell this is gonna be a great game. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Thank you! @ManiacPumpkin! It’s going to be something alright…

3 Likes

"There is a new tree planted each time you have a new dream.

Take care of each of them.

One might make you happier than you could ever believe."

– Sol

2 Likes

Woah that soiunds nice, Ur concept sounds really interesting.Can’t wait to see it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the support @potatopants!

2 Likes

Just some info for Sol - it will still feature the comic-book panel sort of cut scenes (I may animate a few) to make up the story and having a dialogue system at the bottom and top of the screen. Both of these features were going to be included in the scrapped Night Springs game before it was cut short.

3 Likes

@rcreger the comic strip cut scenes sound pretty awesome, but sometimes pulling them off can be a bit tough, but probably won’t be a problem for you. Also when you said something about animated a few, I had an idea that when you enter a cutscene that it will show only one slide, but will present the next one in order and so on. But make each scene on the comic strip animated (like the Iphone when you take a picture of something, it animates about a second before the image was taken) for example like if there is a vehicle, you could have it animated for a second or two of it driving in slow motion or something, just to prove that it’s in motion instead of just a flat image, this could also work for many other things though.

I figured that you helped me with my game so much, I had to come up with some ideas that could possibly help you in your game. Although you don’t have to use this system since you probably already had something else planned or you might even have had this in mind already.

Just figured that I would help out the World Designer of my game.

4 Likes

sounds really cool! (I just now saw this post)

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @ManiacPumpkin! By comic panel, I mean more of still- picture, but with a comic art style, you know? Animations would be like water lapping, clouds moving, etc. But everything else is still static. I get what you’re saying though, and it gives me a few ideas for the panel animations and how they work. I’m for sure that I won’t show the panel outlines, as I still want things to feel more cinematic. But nonetheless, thank you for the suggestion! And also, you don’t have to help me out just because I’m helping with your game, but it’s still appreciated a lot! Just don’t feel you have too:)

2 Likes

Thanks for the support @Ramshacklegamestudios!

1 Like

Of course! It looks really cool!

2 Likes

Darkness is the absence of light.

But there is never just absence… There’s always something under the sheets of black we call shadows.

You might not see it, but… It sees you.

Much is the same with life. We all see it from the inside our fleshy shells, never knowing how exactly we lived our own lives. The people looking around you, the bystanders, just might know you more than you know yourself… Complete strangers…

2 Likes

"Time is a well,

And we are the bucket,

The world is a cell,

And our words are our musket."

– The Narrator

2 Likes

After some analysis, my estimate for the release for “Sol” will be from late 2021 to mid 2022.

Updates will follow.

As something other than Sol, we’d like to announce that Plymouth Entertainment will be also working as the World Designer (as well as a few character creations) for @ManiacPumpkin 's highly anticipated game, “The Facility”.

For more information, you can find some more in the threads specific to The Facility game - and you can also throw in a character idea in for yourself! Just start typing, and you’ll have a shot!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for Game Theory to solve some more of this

1 Like

Lore*Finally the correct discussion

1 Like

Thanks bro! I don’t think the game would get THAT big though. One can wish:)

What would you do when the sun went out? When the cold sweeps the earth? What would you do when your light goes out? And the darkness and mystery fills your room? What would you do if your heart stopped working? And all around you faded away?

What would you?