Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

It definitely didn’t go un-noticed @rcreger, and I probably wouldn’t have invited you to the team If I didn’t think you could handle it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man! It’s really appreciated, trust me! Made my day:)

Also, for anyone else, the new Sol art sneak peak will be released after my classes are done, so expect to see something around 4-6 hours…

3 Likes

EXCLUSIVE SOL ART REVEAL

“The face of ourselves today,
Is a stranger of the ones of before,
And no matter as the tongues may say,
The face of now only needs more.”

Bad  Sol Scene_larger_res_post

“But the faces of then are hungry,
Past strife and monsters they,
Faces of now may disagree,
But nonetheless this final day.”

Is this Sol?..
Or a face hidden under the dark?..

Perhaps…

They’re both.

9 Likes

Loving this artpiece! Looking forward to the full game!

2 Likes

I wanna play it already

1 Like

Thanks @browngr ! I can’t wait to have you guys play it!

A few more years @8-bit_Studio , a few more years…

Thank you everyone for the smooth reveal for the Sol art! It’s much appreciated!!!

5 Likes

SOL THEME REVEAL
NOT FOR FREE USE

I know this came without warning (I didn’t want to lose the save:/), but here is the current Sol theme!

“Sol” (Plymouth Exclusive ; Slow; Melancholic; Menu)

Please as a viewer do not use this song in any projects, this is only for preview purposes only and shall not be taken without permission.

2 Likes

ON THE SIDE - SOL PRODUCTION UPDATE

I’ve been thinking a LOT about Sol today, and I can now confirm…

There will be skippable side quests!

These side quests will be able to be played - or not played - during the story of the game, and will add more lore and story elements!

And that exclusive Sol image I posted earlier this week? That will be a cutscene in one! With Indie, this will not just be our most ambitious project yet, but also our biggest!!!

Stay tuned:)

5 Likes

our? who else is working on the project with you?

1 Like

I consider people who are in special thanks, (some - I’m starting to make my own) music, SFX, and people who generally just supported the game to be part of the team - that, and I just like pretending I actually represent a team XD like the “and thank you” part of a credits of a game.

But on the actual game development and stuff, yeah, I’m just by myself.

4 Likes

I’ve started writing for a side quest - and a side boss…

I plan to have 3+ side quests with the main game, and there also a possibility of a sort of Arcade Mode if I can get around that. I’m also setting up plans to get some settings features to include a Performance Mode, and an Enhanced Mode (performance- more frames, less particles and animations ; enhanced- all particles and animations remain).

But just wondering - how important is difficulty settings to you guys? I’ll leave a poll to see where I can prioritize this now, or to come out as a later update.

• I want difficulty settings now!
  • I can wait…:slight_smile:

0 voters

1 Like

As we can see by this landslide of a vote, difficulty settings will be a feature at launch! Thank you to everyone who participated!!!

3 Likes

“You can have whatever you want, player. You could beat this game called life. You could finally get a date with that special someone. You could possibly smile more than once a day. I could give Sol back his arms… I can do many things. I control the world in here. I may be trapped, but with me, you are the prisoner. So… What do you say?”

– Temptation

Nice thing is the guy named temptation or is it somebodys temptation

1 Like

It’s name is “Temptation”, but in an allegorical way. The whole story of Sol more or less represents something else than what is being given through the story.

hey rcreger who is on the team building sol?

1 Like

Just me rn, besides SFX and some music. Other than that, I’m making this by myself.

lemme dm you for a sec for no useless notifications

1 Like