Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

First off, yes @theglitch055 ?

BOUNCE JAM POLL NOW CLOSED

It has been 5 days since the poll was opened, and by an absolute LANDSLIDE the shop was voted into the game, Bounce Jam by @Crigence ! Thank you everyone for voting (and thank you @spencertheball for reminding) after this time!

You guys have helped out a lot! Thank you!!!

1 Like

it was to show that I have cheated the 20 character rule
any characters inside of <> are instantly invisible but count to the limit

original discovery courtesy of rock

don’t go cheating

1 Like

NEW ART RELEASE FOR SOL - TODAY!

FYI, the next Sol art release will be coming out later today! Like the Mind Clock piece, this will actually also be shown while playing the demo! You’ll be seeing approximately the first 10-20 minutes of the game through the demo - so you’ll be just scraping the surface through the demo!

Just know - later today, new Sol art release!!!

2 Likes

SOL ART RELEASE

"You hear the bells ringing. The call for your help. Time is running out…

Is that…

A tree?..

O’er there, just over the distance. A disturbance. An interruption to this repeating, groggy cycle. A doorway, now opened. Freedom, in a way. Even without our confines and security of this tower… We are more powerful yet. Player, the time is nearing…

And the glass. It is shattering."

– The Narrator

sol in clock

"The tree. A glimmer of a match in a dark room. We have to make sure the breeze does not blow it out. For the fuse is due now. There is no turning back. Trust me…

I checked."

– The Narrator

IMAGE MAY BE CHANGED / UPDATED / or REDONE AT A LATER DATE.

8 Likes

Making me more and more jealous of your skill

3 Likes

This image is spectacular!

Also, not sure if anyone else noticed, but Sol appears to have wire-like objects dangling out of where his arms would be if he had them. I have a feeling that this means that either Sol once had arms or he will get arms as a sort of “powerup”.

5 Likes

Time and practice. @spencertheball - just look at my first game XD

Great observation @MetaNinja… That is indeed where his arms were…

2 Likes

Another great art release! Thank you guys for your ongoing support! And for this, I now release the next Sol music piece…

SOL “TEMPTATION” BOSS MUSIC
NOT FOR FREE USE

One of the music pieces for only one of the sections of the boss fight… (earbuds/earphones suggested)

“War in the Dark” (Plymouth Exclusive; Battle; Looping; Fight)

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT

5 Likes

Yet another update (that I can share…):

SOL IDLE ANIMATION

Sol idle1

Even though it’s simple… Took a couple of hours to make. The run animation took 3 days…

Seeing this… I may also redo the run animation to be smoother lol
The run animation is rough due to an issue with Piskel when resizing - makes certain pixels thicker, and others thinner, than originally intended. So expect to see a more solid run animation later.

In other Sol news: We’ve started adding minor particles. So far, so good:)
More gameplay features are being added too!

7 Likes

Since there has been frame issues (at least for me) with the particles, I will be implementing a “performance mode” which deactivates the particles and extra animations - for all of the folks with a potato laptop like mine:)

1 Like

Hey thanks, @rcreger! That’s a pretty good idea, I may have to use it as well! [Considering how laggy HAKK3R 2 is… haha]

Looking forward to seeing Sol! =D

1 Like

It’s a feature I feel more games need on here XD

And absolutely can’t wait for HAKK3R 2! Are you planning of a remake of the first game to properly fit with the second one? I know you don’t feel as great about the first than you do towards the second. Either way, can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Hey, @rcreger! Yes, a HAKK3R 1 remaster is planned for the future. Confirmed that it won’t be my next game, though. The game is only under about two years old now, so I don’t feel like it’s old enough yet. Plus; TEMPU5 and HAKK3R 3 are more important imo. Leaning towards working on HAKK3R 3 rn, since TEMPU5 isn’t quite possible with Flowlab at the moment

1 Like

I haven’t heard of TEMPU5 yet, though it sounds very interesting! I’m just going off a guess here, but is it a spin-off to the HAKK3R series? Just guessing since it has the play-on number in the name.

1 Like

TEMPU5 is going to be 100% independent from the HAKK3R universe. Basically; four core elements, Plasma is mean so it blows up the antimatter planet, and boom
s t o r y l i n e

Obviously there’s MUCH more to it than that, but just explaining the origins for TEMPU5 would take loads of writing haha

1 Like

I completely understand XD Sol is going to be small (a lot bigger than my past games - I’d say 4-5x more content than A-Box and ranking about a 1-3 hour playtime), but I have several levels of the story, and a lot of hidden lore too;)

1 Like

lol ayy same; HAKK3R 2’s averaging about a solid 5 pages of lore and easter eggs right now, about half of one has been added in-game. I’m planning for about 50 page document on the lore and easter eggs all documented in HAKK3R 2. Got lots to do! haha

1 Like