Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

GAMEJOLT PAGE FOR SOL!

Hello, everyone! I’ve currently got a Sol GameJolt page up, hosting some past and current updates in the dev log. I’ll obviously still post updates here, but the much more minor things - as well as a few more exclsusive things - will be posted on GameJolt, such as small updates and FX designs.

You can check it out here. Don’t forget to heart and follow!!!

Thank you guys:)

5 Likes

“I once fell in love with someone…
I loved her, but the radiance of love can not even warm the coldest of ice.”
– Something in Sol … You’ll see…

@rcreger Totally a past lover went Villian or maybe a lover was a Villian but the protagonist didn’t know.

5 Likes

Or… Maybe a monumental shift in a characters mental state, completely changing their outlook on life… One of the shifts, maybe…

Hmmm… :thinking:

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

So that you’re not alarmed from my sudden disappearance and less frequent posting, it’s because of classes and work. It takes up a lot of time of the day for me, especially with having work right after up till 10 o’clock. Hence why the demo is all the way set in Summer, because with classes, it’s hard for me to get anything done.

I have a day off tomorrow (not classes, just work), so I hope to get some more updates in tomorrow. But my weekend is all booked for work:/

8 Likes

I was hoping the demo came out sooner but I guess I have to wait

1 Like

Yeah:/

Although, when Summer rolls around, all I’ll really have to worry about (mostly) is work, so I think progress will pick up a decent amount then. That’s to say that the demo will not be out at the beginning of Summer, though

2 Likes

Quick note on my part as well; I can say the same; school and bills are getting in my way and are preventing me from working on HAKK3R 2. But once Summer rolls around, like rcreger said; we’re going to have more time to work. (=

2 Likes

Yep, exactly @browngr

Fun stuff, Brown… XD

2 Likes

Guess who started figuring out logic gates?

This guy!
(I’ve been missing out, very helpful once you get an idea of how they work)

1 Like

NEW UPDATE - FALLING ANIMATION!

It’s been a while since I’ve worked on a new animation, but after a while of getting tired of the sloppy dev art, I finally got around to making a fall animation (and a more accurate jump animation that is really too small to really be anything to share lol). So, here you are:

New Sol fall animation

In the game, it stays on the last frame until hitting the ground, so it’s not a loop like this^^^

I’m going to work more on a few more animations as well:) stay tuned

8 Likes

sol should have a easer egg that when you die theres a rare chance text saying, E will appear

3 Likes

There’s definitely going to be secret Easter eggs XD

I might add that, for something…

4 Likes

Got done with some minor but very important graphics updates:

1. Added edges and bottoms to the ground blocks
  2. Remade the ground blocks to “tile” better
  3. Added some light shadows under metallic structures

Along with these, some improvements for the wall jumping. It was pretty slippery before, but it’s feeling more controllable in this current make.

7 Likes

pretty smooth animations you have there

3 Likes

Thank you @Cuts_ups ! I put a decent amount of work into them, so glad to see they’re looking alright to people:)

4 Likes

I’m sorry to all affected by the sudden barrage of likes. I haven’t been able to see this thread in a long time. This game is looking better by the minute!

3 Likes

Likes are appreciated, Mr. Shackles XD

And thank you!

3 Likes

Reading this threat never gets tiring. You’re making good progress, keep up the good work!
aw heck, my game will never get this good. Oh well, I’ll settle for top hundred

2 Likes

Thank you very much @spencertheball!

And with a will and strong perseverance, many things are achievable! So even if a game now might not be par to your expectations, continuously practicing and working will create noticable positive results. Good luck!!!

6 Likes

COMMUNITY POLL - CAN’T DECIDE

So, I’ve been brainstorming a decent amount of potential gameplay routes for the player. Just can’t figure out exactly how I want to portray it yet. This poll isn’t something I’ll be exactly doing, but let’s me know of your input (which is always wanted).

Currently, Sol is set up as a regular 2D shooter. One thing I noticed though is that the general tone of the game is not like a 2D shooter, that being Sol isn’t going to be super fast paced from what I’ve made. So, here’s the ideas:

1. Make Sol more strategic, keeping the necessary dashing mechanics. Having more strategy will also make the puzzles more relevant, and won’t slow down the pacing of the game.

2. Add speedier puzzles. I’ll most likely add this either way, but basically puzzles where you pull a lever that opens a door, but the door closes before you can get there, so you need to use your air dash instead. This could set up for some interesting gameplay levels, puzzles, and still have some semi-fast combat.

3. Make the game speedier, faster enemies with quick decision making puzzles. This would require several tweaks to the atmosphere of the gameplay, though, and kind of takes away from the story.

• More strategic
  • Faster puzzles
  • Speedier gameplay

0 voters

Thank you in advanced! Also, just know this is not set in stone:)

3 Likes