Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Yeah, it’s a while away! I’m a busy person, so this will allow me to be able to focus better and not have to worry about it, which, I think, will create a much better outcome.

And @MetaNinja - I think the nightmare sequences will be some of the highlights of the game…

3 Likes

So… like fully hand animated dialogue? I tried that a long time back, it took a loooong time. Best of luck!

1 Like

Oh, it’s not animated, it’s coded into the game. I’ve seen the animated way to do it, and I have to agree, it looks like it’d take a while.

Wait there’s a demo coming!? I’m surprised that I haven’t heard of this, unless I did, but just forgot. I figured you would have released a full version of the game after years of work, but that’s glad to know that there’s a demo coming around this summer. I can’t wait.

People who live on the equator:
“Tomorrow, right?”

3 Likes

It is indeed exciting! So many games to be looking forward to in the future.

3 Likes

Yep, a demo will arrive in the summer. What it will display is the intro of the game and it’s tutorial level, which give the player a feel of what the game will feel like.

Can’t wait to be able to show you guys!

5 Likes

FGN RELEASES NEW INFORMATION ON HAKK3R 2, AND NEW SURVEY!

HACK3R 2 is one of the most anticipated games on Flowlab, and is said to be one, if not is, the “biggest game on Flowlab” to date. As shown by FGN, @browngr (ViperTeck) is hosting a survey as well to get more feedback from the community in the development of the game. So be sure to contribute and answer a few quick questions and give feedback where available!

ORIGINAL POST:

Earlier today; @browngr released the first ever graphics comparison of HAKK3R 2 to its predecessor in his newest ViperTeck Survey. In that same survey; audiences were indirectly informed that HAKK3R 2 is nearing its 30th Pre Alpha update status; which soon marks the end of Pre-Alpha for the game, entering it into Alpha.

“Details to notice: Emperor’s hat has more depth, his hair seems more connected to his head, he has scars from his years of crime, and two big ones on his neck and head from HAKK3R 1, when he was kicked out of his warehouse into a police car by Spark. His sports jacket has more detail, including buttons, better shading, and more. He also has a scar on his left hand from an attack by Hammerhead, when he was almost eaten by him, but was soon thereafter saved by Archer. His pants are no longer the Flowlab base dark blue colour, and are now a smooth black. Looking closely at his shoes and pants, you can also see fog buildup and grime; giving them a dirtier colour than the rest of his suit. A huge improvement from HAKK3R 1; and the graphics update for the characters hasn’t even arrived yet!”

Full survey here: https://forms.gle/668VK64B6vCTHqNaA

0822606c-a7ef-4ebd-a7a4-822008392077 (2)

6 Likes

I frickin’ love this community, man XD

5 Likes

I feel you, I really do

3 Likes

Okay, so the non-movement dialogue is now completely functional! By that I mean only the dialogue system where Sol is not kinetic while talking (can’t move, jump, shoot). There will be a kinetic Sol dialogue system too, usually when the Narrator is talking during gameplay. But onto that later!

2 Likes

NEW SOL COMMUNITY MILESTONE CROSSED!

Look at that! The Sol thread has reached, as of today, 3.0k views, exactly 800 likes, and 420 comments, not including this! This thread, along with the game, started on September 14th, and this is just amazing! Thank you everyone for participating so far in the thread! I have no idea what this thread will look like in the next 2 and a half years, but I’m so thankful to have had all of you looking in here time to time! This is amazing to me:)

Though I’ve been busier in the non-creative side of the game of late, I will be posting more art, animation, music and literary news and hints in the upcoming holiday breaks, so keep an eye out for that! And again, thank you, all of you, so much!

7 Likes

nice

sorry, redditor instincts /:

2 Likes

Redditor moment:|

But agreed, very noice

2 Likes

Wow, this is a really big discussion!

2 Likes

You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.

C.S. Lewis

5 Likes

Dude that’s awesome!

3 Likes

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

– Anonymous

4 Likes

HOW MANY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ARE YOU GOING TO PUT AAAA PLEASE STOP I DONT NEED MORE INSPIRATION I DONT NEED IT I DONT NEED IT IM GOING TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST AT ANY MOMESFNALWKFASFAHGFWAWFSAOJFWAFN

Editor’s note: The writer imploded from receiving an unhealthy amount of kindness, luckily there was no mess. Please check back tomorrow once said writer has regenerated

2 Likes

WARNING: MINOR MORAL SPOILERS UNDER BLUR

Technically, you ARE the Writer in Sol… So, you’re canon XD

2 Likes

Oh dang ding dongs that is e

2 Likes