Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

The new animation does have more pixels, yes.

The older one got larger pixels due to a resizing issue in Piskel which messes with the pixel sizes.

2 Likes

the animation itself looks really nice too btw

2 Likes

Thanks man, really appreciate it!

1 Like

SOL PRODUCTION UPDATE - A LITTLE SET BACK

Hello, everyone!

We all know I want Sol to be the absolute best game I’ve made so far. So… What’s the catch? Well, it’ll take a little bit more time. Before, my “flowgramming” was a bit sloppy, and just didn’t work completely. But ever since I found a few examples (thanks @PixelPizza !), I’ve seen both my organization and skills needed to be upped. So, I’m redoing them in a better form. It won’t take too long to redo the base coding since now I can see what I need to do, but there’s no certain way to tell how long all of the base mechanics will take while me being busy.

Right now, I’m implementing a double jump, sprint, and wall climb - 2/3 of these Pizza thankfully made an example of. And seeing how it looks in the examples, the game will be a lot smoother.

And if you could not already tell, this all goes to Pizza, because a lot of things probably wouldn’t be possible right now if it wasn’t for his community-lovin’ heart!
adds to credits :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m so glad my examples are helpful! :blush:
Looking forward to seeing the results.

5 Likes

SOL - EXPLORING POSSIBILITIES

This may seem sudden, but… There’s about a 50/50 chance I’ll be moving into Unity for the development of Sol. This is mainly because they have been implementing the visual coding software - Bolt. I’m thinking about this since there’s a chance I’ll get a better PC, and would be able to run software like Unity. Just take note: this is just a possibility.

If I do move over to Unity, however, I’ll still keep you guys posted on art updates, animations, music, etc. And will most likely still develop (much smaller) test games on Flowlab.

Just know it’s a possibility. I’ll keep you guys notified if any changes occur:) but for now, I’m doing my best with making Sol on Flowlab!

7 Likes

NEW MILESTONE!

This thread was created in September… Under four months ago… And the Sol thread is currently sitting at 300 comments, 2.1k views, and 467 likes on the thread! Our top post being up with 9 likes - the latest Mind Clock adaptation!

Thank you everyone for sticking on so far! We’re currently working really hard on solving problems to give you the best experience possible!

5 Likes

Make that 468 likes (20)

1 Like

Thanks Maniac:) *469

1 Like

I have no idea how to use unity but I know That it’s way more complex than flowlab

2 Likes

Hehe I have already started with unity

1 Like

I’m gonna make a game called ‘hyperplane’

A cringy youtube video from meh:

1 Like

Lookin’ good! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

JR_01 APPRECIATION DAY

Just do it. He’s a cool guy. Every November 24th, we will remember when he single handedly saved Sol with his expertise and pure big brain-ness.

Never forget.

7 Likes

OLD SOL RUN ANIMATION - EXCLUSIVE

With the release of the newest, and my personal favorite, run animation for Sol, I though it’d be fair to show the unreleased, never seen before on Flowlab run animation. For a refresher, this is the current run animation:

New Sol Run animation

Now… Behold! The first Sol run animation… Be prepared to close your eyes!
I’m giving you a chance to quickly click off of here without seeing it with the spoiler blur…

Sol character Run

:grimacing: Came a long way… Only three months ago!
Prepare to see some more stuff later this week!

6 Likes

please don’t move to Unity i wanna play the game straight from flowlab because im not allowed to download games!!!

1 Like

and i will miss you too also i forgot that part

1 Like

As far as I can tell, and because of JR’s help, I’m staying on here. And if I had moved to Until, I would have put it on something like Game Jolt so you wouldn’t have to download it.

Oh ok nice :smiley: (yay whoo

1 Like

ANOTHER COMMUNITY POLL

Hello fellow Flowlabians! Or, Flowlachians? Flowites?.. Well, I’ve got another community oriented poll for you guys! With the seasonal breaks coming up for my classes, I’m ready to get ready to get some more solid stuff done for Sol! While I’ll still do them all (and post them all here), I’m wondering which you’d like to see first!

• New art piece
  • New animation
  • New music piece

0 voters

Thank you in advance to anyone who participates!!!

3 Likes