Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

respectfully accepts decision

1 Like

Narrator: server has stopped responding, under maintenance. Any unsaved data is lost

1 Like

dang…slowly backs away

1 Like

Buddhists when they die:
RESPAWNING IN 3…2…1…

2 Likes

I’m currently working on the best animation a Plymouth Entertainment game has ever seen. I can confirm: the main character WILL have legs.

Which makes animation that much more difficult. Don’t worry, doing some training to make some fantastic animations for the game…

sol looks cool. I love the concept art. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the support @F3Art!

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Sol looks cool! Nice drawing.

1 Like

@The_Kodex @MetaNinja thanks for the support, guys!

1 Like

Sol is Sol, nuff said

1 Like

Sol now has the following animations (still needs some maintenance, but very functional and in a good position):

• Run animation
  • Jumping animation
  • Falling animation
  • Landing animation

Also made the following sprites:

• Ground
  • Ground Top with Grass
  • Ground Top with Nothing
  • Ground Top with Trash

Also made one frame for a cutscene.
Overall, very successful update. All of the run, jump, falling, and landing animations are also properly programmed in as well. My only issue so far is the run animation - a little stiff. But seeing as Sol IS a robot, it makes a little sense.

Sol’s next update: Gameplay
This will be adding:

• Shooting mechanics
  • BIG attack mechanic
  • Double jump mechanic
  • And hopefully a smooth jump/land mechanic

By a smooth jump and land, I mean that I want it to feel good to jump. Perhaps a subtle screen shake when either jumping or falling (but not obnoxiously)? I’ll figure it out. But so far, some decent animation for Sol. He feels inorganic, which I like, but also a bit empathetic.

You’ll see…

When the time comes…

When the journey must embark…

For you have no choice…

For, this is not your story…

You’re simply the plot that is written…

1 Like

Our lives are like story books. Marble shaped story books. We have our own paths, our own words, our own writers and narrators. But we bump off each other, changing our trails, spiraling out of control, like a maelstrom. Twirling through this world; this cold, damp void, we are never alone.

Just remember: there’s always another marble there to push us towards a new adventure. But are you willing to take the call of adventure? I guess we will all find out…

1 Like

Going to make a story board for the cutscenes. With the now cancelled “Night Springs”, I technically had a premade story board I had to just recreate in my pixel-art style. But now, it’s all from scratch, 100%. So, basically, I’ll be making a sort of comic book with the story elements, and then eventually remake it in Piskel (the new sprite editor we’re using, it’s going to make our games look 10x better!) to suit the pixel style.

I might post the story board post-release for Sol… Would you guys like to see that?

wait, I’m a little bit confused. there’s something called night springs that’s somehow connected to alan wake https://alanwake.fandom.com/wiki/Night_Springs_(Video_Game)

i just saw it today, so i don’t really know anything about it.

just started playing qauntum break so i was doing some research on remedy’s other games

1 Like

You are correct @F3Art - I have stated before in posts that the “Night Springs” game would have been a game variation of the Alan Wake comic book by the same name. This is where the comic book style idea originated from. But in reality, fan games are… Illegal. I have a small teaser trailer out, and that’s it for it (and there is a hidden WIP gameplay level too).

I might do something darker like it in the future, but there won’t be a “Night Springs” game (also, Alan Wake is very good, highly recommend if you have Xbox or PC. Also Control as well, since they’re both connected. They’re both big inspirations for my games).

it’s too bad theres so many wierd laws around fan games.

yah I bought an xbox in july, I’ve been playing qauntum break, and I’ve heard really good things about all of remedy’s other games as well as qauntum break. I’m definitely hoping to get to alan wake and control in the future. qauntum break itself has already turned into an inspiration for me.

and good luck with sol! it sounds really cool, and I’d love to see the story boards.

2 Likes

Remedy is amazing! In case you didn’t know, Remedy actually connected Alan Wake from 2010 to Control 2019 with a DLC. And there’s a possibility they’ll throw in Quantum Break too… Who knows? (In case you didn’t notice, big fan of Remedy)

And thanks man! It’s gonna take a while for the storyboards and screenplay to come together, but it’s moving smooth so far. If you got any projects right now, good luck to those as well!

2 Likes

Sneak Peak of the Sol death screen dialogue, straight from the script…

[NARRATOR - on death screen] “No matter how many bullets shatter a man’s fragile skin, the dreams of the mind live on. Let this one live on. For the sake of the Writer. For the sake of Sol.”

Get back up, Warrior of Dreams. He needs you.

Here is the current credits list:

Developed by Plymouth Entertainment

Written by Riley Creger (rcreger)

Art and Animation by rcreger
on Piskel

Programming, Design, and Mechanics by rcreger

with the help of (via tutorial, forums, or their games):
Latif
JR01
browngr
grazer
meburningslime