Post-FlowJam BOOSTER Giveaway (FREE Indie)

Alright, Thanks! Right now I haven’t started making that work because I wanted to finish the sprites, animations, and background for the game first so then I can add it (I haven’t finished it yet tho so probibly in a week or less I will get started on that).

2 Likes

I helped Cailem make a crafting menu before, I can find the post for it if you need.

1 Like

Sure, I guess. It would speed the process! Obviously, I will try to change the layout of the gui and mess around with it and Credit him!

That’s what I had thought of in the past (but I had only been using flowlab for 3 months)

If you had these values, in terms of Minecraft this would be a crafting table
[(1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0), (something else), (something else)]

However, if you inputted [0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1] this should still give you a crafting table, but it would not match the item in the list.

You could try to add all the values together, but problems happen when you have something that requires all the same items. Like a wooden pickaxe and a wooden axe, both have 3 wood and 2 sticks.
If I thought a little more about I could think of a way to do it with lists, but I’m pretty busy.

Quick ideas I had
  1. The original system I gave Cailem. However, I do not believe this is the most effective method.

2. Inputting every single combination an item can be made. This seems pretty ineffective.

3. Just ignore different combination orders. Only have a crafting table allowed to be made in 1 specific spot.

4. Adding the value of all the options together AND some sort of value given to the slot the item is in.

The 4th option is probably the most efficient and easiest long term, but I’m not sure if you would know how to make something like that.

1 Like

Yea I need pickaxe, torch, sword, and most better of all craft food

Ok, I said I wouldn’t think about this more but I am lol.

You want to make a crafting table, so here is how it would be done
Wood = 1
Stick = 2
Empty slot = 50 (or some value higher enough that there isn’t a chance of a combination of items to equal it. This could also be the slots taken if that’s easier for you)

A crafting table is 2x2 of wood, meaning this = 4
5 empty slots = 250
So the ID for a crafting table would be 254

This is like what Galactian said, but optimized to be more efficient, easier to understand, and easy to code.

(So if you had a list it would look like)

[(Crafting Table) 254, (Sword) 304, etc]

4 Likes

uhh, i’m slowly working away at my game, won’t be posting updates though

4 Likes

Thats fine. I’m just posting random things that I come across while making mine :sweat_smile:

My slime can fly

(kinda :stuck_out_tongue:)
Screenshot 2023-01-25 2.48.38 PM

3 Likes

Slime Fly Everywhere
Slime: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have been given power I am not supposed to have!!!

2 Likes

XDXD I mean there is candy that he’s supposed to be finding that let him do that. . .

And he does do this at some point. . .

Screenshot 2023-01-25 3.06.49 PM

2 Likes

Epic, can’t wait to see everyone games :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Very Cool!

4 Likes

Alright I now have a replay loop and a scoreboard if any one wants to try me at my own game

@CodeAlpaca

4 Likes

Really Cool Game!! (Long story short I can’t beat your score XD).

1 Like

You know what sucks. I got a score of around 900 and it didn’t save to the leader board. Also glad you like it. I plane to add a shop where you can buy skins or something.

1 Like

Epic! Can’t wait to play the submitted version!

don’t know how i made blood this cool in flowlab

edit:
holy god it can stick to player

6 Likes

That’s awesome dude, great job!

2 Likes

Yea! Looks relistic!