Prize PS5 from Winter Flowjam 2021 posted šŸŽ®

I just added a pic of the Winter 2021 Flowjam winner with the prize PS5 to the Flowjam page: Flowlab Game Creator - FlowJam 2021 ( posted by permission of the awesome @todorrobot )

The Summer Jam prizes should be a lot easier to get ahold of, so they should get awarded much faster! :smiley:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Wonder which one of the men is the man himself, either way good for him

1 Like

Todorrobot is the one on the right

Gotta keep up with the Flowlab lore lol

3 Likes

Hey, you wrote Winter 2021 instead of Winter 2020

1 Like

Winter Jam was in 2021.

The PS5 was worth the wait. Many thanks to @grazer for the diligent efforts to procure one as fast as he did. In classic fashion the first thing I downloaded was a Namco Museum collection :rofl:

And yes, thatā€™s me on the right and @Baconcat008 on the left. Weā€™re excited to be teaming up for the Summer Flowjam. :grin:

10 Likes

Iā€™m confused
How have you won Winter 2021 if it isnā€™t even winter yet
Iā€™m 90% sure that was 2020

1 Like

I believe the winter jam was in January 2021.

4 Likes

Correct, Winter is before Spring.
It may start in December, but it lasts 1/4 of the following year (to March).
(Also for some of us, it doesnā€™t start till middle of January)

3 Likes

Looking great! :grin:
Also, really excited to see that collab in action @todorrobot @Baconcat008

4 Likes

todorrobot looking snazzy :sunglasses:

Strong beard game for sure. As a fellow bearded one, I approve. :+1:

Also, nice job on winning the PS5, making the sprite pack, and good luck with the summer jam (Iā€™m still undecided on whether or not Iā€™ll participate; probably not until my skill level improves).

2 Likes

@TGW , doing this is how you will improve the most.

Take it from me: If you make an unambitious, fun game and actually complete it, thatā€™s the best thing you can do for your skill level. Doing that is much better than thinking up an overly ambitious game and never finishing it.

If you are intimidated by the prospect of a jam, or maybe you think you have no chance, then I implore you to think about it differently. Change the goal from winning to learning. Think of it as your first game built with a deadline, instead of your first game built against otherā€™s. Then you could take a crack at the whole competition thing next game jam.

Then again, the game jam was always designed to be a learning experience first, and a competition second.

And, hey, if you learn enough during this jam, you might just learn yourself a free new Ipad!

1 Like

For me summer and winter lasts 3/4ths of the entire year and spring and autumn both is just 1/4th, lol.

2 Likes

Are we having a debate about what season it is in January in the northern hemisphere of the Earth? :smiley:

The first Flowjam this year (2021) was held in January (Winter here in the U.S.) - where is the confusion?

4 Likes

Now thatā€™s a real american education momentā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

ā€œOfficiallyā€ winter starts in December and ends in March where I live. Though it can start snowing as early as October and keep snowing until as late as April. The new year always starts during winter.

And thank you @DarkStar_Studios for the vote of confidence. I like learning, but I hate deadlines. I donā€™t want to rush anything and put out an unfinished product. I might give this jam a shot, but only if the theme sounds like something Iā€™d be motivated to make. Ultimately itā€™s probably going to depend on the theme, whether I attempt a submission or not. I donā€™t want to commit to something that Iā€™ll end up hating and regretting later.

2 Likes