Proximity Looking for middle of object

Let’s say you have an object with a width of 24, and a height of 1. A proximity check will not work on this object because it will check for the middle, meaning that the middle will only damage.

1 Like

What you can do is set custom hitboxes by turning the object into a shape in the image editor, then making it animate so it looks like the object you want it to, since animations don’t effect hitboxes

1 Like

That’s not what I’m asking for. I’m saying that if a sprite is 24 width and 1 height the proximity behavior will check for the middle of that object.

1 Like

And you don’t want it to check for the middle?

1 Like

I’d like my player to know that the laser is existent not just when it’s in the middle of the object, but at the long sides of it. (24 width 1 height)

1 Like

Idk then that’s probably a glitch. Make sure u set the collision hitbox to square, and if that doesn’t work reload the page.

It may be because the object is attached and that means collision is off?

1 Like

Most likely. I think we should focus on actually setting the position of the lazers before focusing on hitbox triggers.

Just got the position working perfectly. Just need the last thing to work.

1 Like

Ok. So the hitbox should work about now.

Hitbox is still on the small object that spawns the laser, meaning in the center.

1 Like

Are you attaching the lazer in any way?
If so, that’d be the cause of your problems

1 Like

wdym by any way, that i am?

1 Like

If you’re using an attacher block, collisions are disabled.
Another problem that may cause the issue is that in the original image of the lazer (meaning no animations, just it’s default state) is smaller than any animations you may be using for the lazer.

Currently the laser is just a block because I don’t have access to aseprite on my chromebook.

1 Like