Questions about "game content"

Yeah, I’m thinking my more adult themed gang game would not be appropriate. Dad walks in, “oh, hey son! You’re playing a video game? Neat!”

“Yep! I just popped a cap in these fools and stole all their keys, I’m calling up Victor to sell them for mad profits. I gotta get my hustle on, yo!”

Dad: “What… kind of game is this???”

4 Likes

For the record, I also want to create family friendly games as well. I know the ESRB ratings system fairly well, I know it’s a voluntary system, and I agree with it 100%.

I have played and enjoyed 100s of games over the years. Some of them perfectly innocent, others - I don’t blame parents at all for not letting their kids play them. If you were to ask me which ones were more fun, I couldn’t really answer. I like variety in my games. I can have just as much fun stealing cars and shooting NPCs in the face as I can racing cars, building cities, or trying to save the princess from a castle.

I like video games because they are open stories that you become a part of. They’re very much like “choose your own adventure” books. I doubt most people here have ever even heard of those. But they were fun. Instead of just reading a book or watching a movie, your character gets to become a part of the story.

4 Likes

Ahhhh i love those choose ur own adventure ones plz do make one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooooh do tell! :grin: do you you remember any specific examples?just curious about the weirder entries in that massive games list

4 Likes

@TGW im all about the choose your own adventure books. I even have a project started where I’m retelling “Cave of Time” in video game form. It stalled out a while ago because I didn’t know what I was doing yet, but would like to finish it eventually.

4 Likes