Ramshackle Games [Decimation]

Hey guys,

Its been a while, and I know I’ve gotten a couple of DMs and a thread made about my absence and how my games (Mostly D.O.M) are coming along. Honestly this was a very big surprise to me since I didn’t think anyone really knew who I was.

The topic at hand:
As of right now I’m not sure when I’ll be able to work on them again, so I put together this little qna! If you have any questions about me or my games then feel free to ask and I’ll be sure to answer.

If you don’t know who I am:
I’ve been gone for a while, so for the people who don’t recognize me heres a quick rundown of me and my games.

RamshackleStudios: Often goes by MrRamshackle is a game developer centered in Ohio. He is most known for the upcoming game D.O.M.

D.O.M: Upcoming game by RamshackleStudios. 37 years after the “event” (ooh mYsTiRiOuS) a 42 year old man named Sam has to fight his inner demons while also trying to find a way to kill and find the orgins of the parasites called wretches plaguing our society. (D.O.M stands for Decimation of Mankind)

Subject 14: Upcoming game by RamshackleStudios. After learning his fathers true identity 12 year old Richard Cross runs away and goes into hiding. Not long after he is approached by an organization that promises to unlock the power deep inside him. Scared and Desperate Richard accepts this offer not knowing what he’s getting himself into. 7 years later Richard now 21 faces the consequences of his past actions while still fighting his own mental illness and trauma. (I left most of the lore out to create more of a mystery so you don’t know whats coming :wink:)

Knowing this I’d like to ask a question of my own before I start answering yours.

Which games story is more intriguing to you :thinking:

• D.O.M

• Subject 14

9 Likes

They both sound pretty cool, but I think D.O.M is a bit cooler to me since its more straight forward.

3 Likes

I’m kinda interested in what Subject 14 has to offer, but I think D.O.M. seems really cool so far:D

And I can’t wait for whenever you’ll be back on the dev train. I do have a (small?) question though - when in development, what to expect the development times to be? Or is that something not to be discussed rn?

3 Likes

If you have any questions thats what I made the thread for!

I don’t mind spoiling minor story points but I’ll blur them if someone asks and you don’t want to see it.

2 Likes

I updated my comment because I remembered I had a questionXD

2 Likes

If I were to continue D.O.M right now and work on it everyday for 3-4 hours at a time I would expect it to come out around 2022, but sadly thats not happening right now. So once I have a more clear answer I’ll let you know!

2 Likes

Ay, that sounds great to hear, since that’d be about a year and a third for development.

Whenever that is able to happen, I’ll be here waiting for that ever so sweet game release, cuz I’m still anticipating it!

2 Likes

Thanks, thats great to hear. I think that S-14 will be a better game mostly because I have a personal connection to some of the characters. It may just be me though because a couple of them are very very relatable for me, so it hits hard.

2 Likes

I wish you luck with those - people express themselves through art, and I’m sure S-14 will be nothing short of that

2 Likes

More intriguing?

• D.O.M
  • Subject 14

0 voters

I made it into a poll so its easier to vote :grin:
@rcreger @Jaiden_Yabuki

3 Likes

It seems like most people are more interested in S-14 than D.O.M which is good because I put a lot more work into the story of that game lol (not that I didn’t try with D.O.M)

2 Likes

POLL:
Should I use Richard Cross as a main character of D.O.M (it was in the original script for the game, but I’ve been making a ton of changes to improve the story. I’m not sure whether I should include him or just wait until his own game comes out)

• Yes, if you include him in D.O.M it could really help the emotional impact of S-14 when it comes out
  • No, I really don’t think he fits in this game (but I don’t mind easter eggs)
  • Yes, but don’t give him a big part

0 voters

@rcreger @Jaiden_Yabuki @MetaNinja

5 Likes

So far option A is winning by one vote. I’ll leave it up for a few days, and announce what may or may not be changed then!

Just wondering, for the people who chose “no” what is the reasoning behind this? If option A wins I want to know what I can do to satisfy both parties.
@rcreger @Jaiden_Yabuki @MetaNinja @_GAMOOG @ManiacPumpkin (sorry I’m trying to tag everyone who’s shown interest in my games, but sometimes I write things really fast and forget to add someone)

5 Likes

Personally, I felt that having the character in both stories could devalue the importance in the other story - not a lot, but slightly. What happens in DOM might have a different tone, and might feel disjointed if S-14 has a different tone and story to tell. Just my PoV though:D

3 Likes

Thank you! I can totally see where your coming from, and I’ll try to avoid that if option A does end up winning.

Small spoilers

He’s kinda a mentor to Sam at the beginning and helps you out for awhile. Eventually Sam finds out his true nature after seeing him brutally murdering someone for no reason that is apparent in which he ends up killing Richard after confronting him about this (AKA: the first boss fight.) So even if option A wins he’ll be a main character, but only for the first couple hours of the game. (This is a really bare minimum summary so there is a lot more to it then it sounds)

@rcreger

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the response! I’m glad to see that it’ll still work in DOM, as that was my main concern - so good luck!

1 Like

I’ve officially closed the poll, and it looks like option A did end up winning by a ton!

I’ve already taken regers advice, and am trying my hardest to avoid their worries. So if you guys have any ideas, concerns or questions please please comment them here. They help out a lot more than you’d think!
@Jaiden_Yabuki @rcreger @MetaNinja @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @_GAMOOG @00T_Free

5 Likes

For D.O.M. maybe you could make the humanoid zombies be a little more rotten with mottled greenish-gray flesh and stuff

3 Likes

Sadly no, because they aren’t exactly the typical zombies found in media. The wretches (or centipede things as you called them) are the ones controlling the infected. (They are not undead)

As evidenced by the bleeding of the eyes that is the wretches entrance point. If there is anything else that needs to be cleared up feel free to ask @_GAMOOG I love talking about the story of my game and how everything works :grin:

3 Likes

Oh sorry I forgor :skull:

3 Likes