Ramshackle Games [Decimation]

@rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @Greggo @John_Shrekinson @John_Shrekinson @ShadowGaming

6 Likes

The gore, and body parts are random, so it’ll be a different combination of sprites in every playthrough

4 Likes

A
r
e

y
o
u

f
o
r
g
e
t
t
i
n
g

s
o
m
e
o
n
e

3 Likes

Yeah yeah I’m sorry it was a copy and paste from last time lol, I’ll tag you when something comes up

3 Likes

The wretch is a parasite-like being that was formed by radiation during the 22nd century while humans were testing new ways to fuel space shuttles. Many scientists died in the studying of wretches because of their special ability to control a human for approximately 3 hours and 13 minutes. To take control of a human a wretch climbs in though the eye socket leaving a distinctive scar around your right eye. Because of the amount of strain on the human body the wretches are constantly looking for new hosts before the 3 hour 13 minutes is finished. The longest a wretch has ever been in a human is 7 hours 42 minutes and 7 seconds. Recently a new version on the Wretch has emerged, “the skrat” from what we’ve gathered its almost twice as powerful compared to a Wretch, and has the special ability to control almost any animal. I’ve concocted a test syrum that should be able to kill a Wretch while still leaving the human subject quite alive. So far human trials are showing little, but promising results. The syrup is killing the Wretch leaving them limp and able to pull out of the human, but even the 1/35 subjects that survived are left almost completely braindead. Until I figure out what’s going on there’s not much else I can say…Dr. Ash Williams signing off

6 Likes

Who does Dr. Ash work for?
Also, what did he use as this “syrup”? Some fracture compound like Xiasis or a synthesis like G3460?

5 Likes

Thats a great question, but it is also one I cannot answer. Not trying to spoil everything!

5 Likes

Sam…what have you done

Life used to be more than ones and zeros, but humanity failed us all…it failed you…your family, but I promise I will make it right. I will cure the disease that plagues our humanity…no…I won’t, but they will. My beautiful creations alive again, and this time you won’t have the power to stop them…not without his help

Trevor Morrow - D.O.M

4 Likes

Name: Trevor Morrow, Occupation-n-n-n-n-n-n-n–n-n-n-n------------------…

The system seems to have short circuited. . .attempting reboot---------rebooted
The computer is now emitting a strange frequency with barely recognizable voices in the background . . . [Kzzt] 11-55802----(Untranslatable)—2910 [KZZT] 028. . .—whe- a- y-u, I- ca- h---- you- I- can he-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-lllllllllllllll–[Kzzt] (The system goes blank, and the voices fade. What was this? Who was this? Could it be him? Or just another one of pargoth’s tricks? You sit still for a moment…you better keep going, after all Richard won’t wait forever)

4 Likes

How often should I post teasers like this?

• Once a week (Not always on the same day)
  • Twice a week
  • Once every two weeks
  • Don’t post teasers

0 voters

1 Like

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will no longer be tagging supporter, and fellow dev team members. By doing this I am prioritizing you over everyone else on the website, and that isn’t fair. They may see all of the people tagged, and not see themselves then insinuate that I don’t care about their opinion because I didn’t mention them. So from now on I won’t be tagging you, so if your interested I’m afraid you’ll just have to look out for my thread on the top of the list, and click on it for yourself. This isn’t because I don’t care, or I want to be rude. Quite the opposite actually. I just want to give everyone equal chance of seeing and participating in the thread as you guys. Thank you, and I hope you understand

@Greggo @HuckleBerry @00T_Free @hihilogic @ShadowGaming @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @John_Shrekinson

8 Likes

Completely understand, no worries

6 Likes

That’s a good point that you’ve made, I understand.

4 Likes

Tiebreaker poll:

How often will teaser be posted

• Once every two weeks
  • Once a week (on saturdays or sundays)

0 voters

4 Likes

Understandable, have a great day.

3 Likes

And so its decided! I will be posting teasers every two weeks on this very thread, keep on the lookout! I’ll be posting teaser to new characters, old characters, gamelplay elements, and so on…

As for ghost, who won the boss reveal poll:
Trevor Morrow took his place this rotation, because of importance. It may be a couple more rotations before I post his teaser, because I need to figure out completely what their place in the game will be.

4 Likes

Gamougg’s Understandable have a nice day count:

3 Likes

It’s only the beginning.

2 Likes

Apparently I’m a pixel artist now, been making these for Hihilogic. I think I did okay, I’m not great with pixel art, but I’m happy I’m getting some practice. What do you think? Any pointers?
man dancesoldier
Screenshot 2021-09-23 8.50.54 PM
man dancesoldier
Screenshot 2021-09-23 8.50.54 PM

7 Likes

Question:

What game would you say has the greatest soundtrack? This isn’t talking about just beats that you can bop to. An example of a bad soundtrack would be if the DOOM music was in Animal Crossing. It just wouldn’t work, so they have to fit the game, but also be well orchestrated. My personal favorites are from the little nightmares series, and Shadow of the colossus (and of course Undertale, but I thought that those were more notable) . Just curious, because were currently working on the sound design for D.O.M and wanted to see what you guys would say.

5 Likes