RamshackleStudios - The Little Dino!

The updates keep getting better and better. I am more and more excited for the finished product. Keep up the great work. :+1:

3 Likes

I also had a cool suggestion (This is just my opinion), I think it would be cool for the NPC’s movement to be altered a bit. Instead of moving side to side instantly, they should move from one side, stop for a moment, then move to the other side for a smoother product.

2 Likes

I agree, the current system is pretty basic. They move left to right, and occasionally they will walk one way longer than the other so it’s not the same every time (And the Velociraptors have a random chance to not move at all, and instead they’ll graze)

1 Like

@ShadowGaming I figure this is what you meant?

3 Likes

Yep. I really like how it turned out.

3 Likes

Nothing huge planned for today, so don’t expect an update post. But I will be working on expanding on the map, and fixing Dino placement (I’ve decided that dinos are better off placed by hand rather than being randomly generated)

2 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes

2/7/23 Update:

Additions:

• New Dino; Megapnosaurus
  • Expanded Map
  • new animations
  • Intro

Changes:

• Micro-Raptors may no longer be attacked
  • Multiple of the same species can be found within the map
  • many changes made to keep the game running smoothly

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue that would prohibit the player from attacking because of many layered user-interface objects
  • Fixed a few animation errors with enemy Dinos
  • Fixed an error that would cause enemy Dinos to drift indefinitely off screen when taking damage
5 Likes

2/8/23 Update:

(footage taken in a testing level, not available to the player)

4 Likes

2/9/23 Update:

3 Likes

Update 2/14/23:

Additions:

• Aggressive Troodons
  • First Dungeon
  • Expanded map

Changes:

• Certain actions must be taken to open up new areas
  • Megapnosaur will now move to the end of the Dungeon after first encounter

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a problem where Dinos would not face the player when attacked (Again, let’s see how long this one lasts)
  • Fixed a problem where the entire game would bug out if you lost a battle
5 Likes

it took me a couple days to figure out what was going on, but I was able to figure out why combat wouldn’t work on aggressive Troodons! Basically the system works by responding to the last received message, and I didn’t realize that the Megapnosaur was sending something to Dixie at the same time, which is why fighting the Troodons was working in test levels, but not the real thing

4 Likes

Update 2/16/23:

3 Likes

Update 2/16/23 (Notes):

Additions:

• Locked door (In Dungeon)
  • Key
  • Expanded Dungeon

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an error where Troodon would not face the player if attacked from left side
5 Likes

can or will the dinos be able to shapeshift?

2 Likes

No, they will not

4 Likes

ok but why tho

1 Like

Thats not the type of game I’m making, they should at least stay somewhat true to their prehistoric counterparts. With some obvious exaggeration to add character.

4 Likes

OH ok realism but with some of the cartoon I get it. Nice!

2 Likes

Update 2/22/23:

3 Likes