Request for feedback on potential new feature: "Teams"

@Latif3 instead of not doing it, just make it lower priority, real time would be great because then you wouldnt have clashing behaviors, and multiple people could edit at the exact same time.

What if two school users were working on a school project in the same classroom. You have a limited time period to get your work done.

@grazer just curious, does the ray pass through objects? Is the direction they travel relevant to the forward of the object, or is it independent?

Please do tell

The ray only touches the nearest object.

The forward direction of the object is not relevant.

sounds like a great idea. i have a few questions though.

will there be team chat?

team comptions?

team games?

this idea is a great idea, but what happens if a player with indie adds a person with free-user. can he edit something or would that not work?

@grazer he accidentally did the same thing I did- started a discussion, then hit the back button on his browser instead of clicking the home button on the site

gah, I can maybe fix it - who was that?

This would be really cool! It would certainly increase productivity, or so I believe.

This sounds fun, we could potentially have AI tournaments where we create our own mobs and let them fight each other.

Ahahah @Wizardry yes

But for that we would edit each others ai and thats kinda cheating

But for that we would edit each others ai and thats kinda cheating
I think each player editing their own unit with its own AI would work. You just need to know the names of their objects so your AI could potentially maneuver around missiles and locate the enemy, and maybe have agreed upon limits for movement so neither's unit has an advantage, it could even be turn based using a grid to simplify things.

I’m talking about damage and HP.
We would have to add some mailboxes with the value to all objects or adding an collision>damage

It’s a good idea, but…

How can you be sure that someone on your team won’t try to screw you up or hack you or ruin it?

Thats a risk- but it would be your own fault

It's a good idea, but...

How can you be sure that someone on your team won’t try to screw you up or hack you or ruin it?

There is a clone game feature, you can always give someone access to that version and just periodically merge their additions without having to risk your master version. Probably most useful if they don’t jump around on their contributions and develop a single thing at a time so it’s easier to bring over their work.

It would be pretty stupid if you give access to your game to someone you don’t trust enough.

this is true @Latif3

i think its good because expert flowlab programmers could help you example i want to create a shop i could ask @Latif3 because he made a shop in the graveyard he can help me
come think of it thats just using someone like just assistance not teamwork

I like the idea. The basics you listed are straight forward. May you could add the ability for the lead to have the ability to select roles for members. For instance someone can be an artist/level designer. Maybe another person is a behavior bundles go-to person. Based on the current tool access design, I’m not clear how you could limit tool access. Currently, the “Library” option doesn’t provide a quick way to select an item for placement in a level as I think it might be intended. If an item could simply be selected for dropping into a level, without access to all the other settings, then this would segregate object use from object editing. This is just one example of a problem a possible solution. Or, you just let team members all have full access and be done with it. The lead just delegates and learns how to reign members into given tasks during agreed upon times… the KISS method : )

how we are doing it on free edition is were all on the same acount and reload when we want to ee other peoples edits